Glass Drill bits

dallasg

Controversial Reefer, but knowledgeable!
Reaction score
Hi all,

i have been looking everywhere, tried builders in rivonia, ardendorfs etc and i cant find glass drill bits for 25mm, 30mm and 50mm bits

please if anyone in JHB area knows where please share, or anywhere will even pay for shipping :)

thanks

thanks will call in the morning

I bought a 50mm from builders in Northgate, think they one other size, probably 30mm.

Beware not cheap

hmmm now why didnt i think of that :)

Look in the yellow pages theres a company called glass specifics.I get all my bits and glass tools there.

Look in the yellow pages theres a company called glass specifics.I get all my bits and glass tools there.

thanks will do it now...

just emailed them

We have places here called Bolt Master and Bolt Centre, They usually have all the sizes, or they can order you the ones you want. Maybe you can look for some similar company there by you

Hi We requested that a mega Mica order them for us - sizes are 52mm and 38mm you are looking at a average price of R 400-00 each - they went into the website gave us the sizes and prices and immediately ordered it for us - should be here in two days time - that was yesterday!

Hi We requested that a mega Mica order them for us - sizes are 52mm and 38mm you are looking at a average price of R 400-00 each - they went into the website gave us the sizes and prices and immediately ordered it for us - should be here in two days time - that was yesterday!

Wow, that is expensive, Builders has them for R290.

But then their size is 50mm, maybe that makes a difference

the builders my me is clueless, will have to try another if PG and glass specifics cant help...

Builders could not help and PG wanted us to bring the glass in they would drill the hole(s) at anything from R55 to R 110 per hole. with the tank we are planning it it would be much better to have your own. Much more cost effective. phone them 2morrow and see other wise I can give their tel number and the contact. only thing is it is in the east rand.

cool, northgate it is...

Builder Market (Old Servistar) should stock them, they do here in Durbs anyway, Tell them it looks like a "Hole Saw", these okes are normal not the sharpest tools in the shed, no pun indended!

Was about R100 - R200 if I remember correctly, got myself the 16mm, 25mm and 50mm cutters.

There is a place opposite roberto's in Randburg, cnr republic and maria road, that has stock. I have a drill you could borrow if you like, it is 50mm if i remember correctly, just need to check tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks will go to all the places, i have a speed variable drill, thanks but i can see in the future i will need 16,25and 50mm drill bits

I’ve had experience with all sorts off glass drills being a share holder off an aluminium company, cheap drill bits is just that ...cheap they don’t last. The last one I bought was about two years ago and its still going. All depends on how often you want to drill tanks:p
One more please honey we can put it in the bathroom I promise it will look nice:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom