Glass Cutting - Is this right or not?

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

As you may know, I am busy constructing a new tank. I have all the glass now, but have a question about the two side panels.

The cut on the side panels, is not a totally hundred percent sqaure cut. Wait let me put a drawing to explain.

Glass.jpg

The two sides of the glass AB and CD are nor perfectly square, I reckon about 1mm difference.

Can I use it as is or not?

Sanders

Sorry, I forgot to mention it is 10mm glass and the side panels are 670 X 650 mm

I have done that, but it seems as if it makes no visual effect, you can however feel the difference. The 1mm difference is still there. Will it affect the strengh of the bonding, if I use it like this.

All my previous used glass panels was an almost perfect fit.

no you should be cool, but it might not look so nice

with a diamond cutting bit?
nope,draw your line,score it with a dremel grinding blade.and snap.found it much better than these little green cutters.i would advise though dont use on any glass less than 10mm,as it does get hot and may crack the glass.as for drilling of the hole,instead of the Diamond bit i wana try making a circle and scoring it,then knocking it out.

I personal would use the diamond tip hole saw. Ask Hums to video it we need a good laugh every now and again. Esp if you do it on your tank glass.:whistling:
ok wil do.but not on my tank :lol:
will try it out on a spare piece of 10mm glass and take pics,video will take forever :lol:

nope,draw your line,score it with a dremel grinding blade.and snap.found it much better than these little green cutters

Mekaeel, did you have to score both sides of the glass or not?

Back
Top Bottom