Gixxer's NEW Sps reeftank

Think this gonna be a great thread with lots of pics.

6 T5s on this setup. Will it be enough?

More than enough Keyaam. I'm not intending to keep SPS on the perimeter of the tank...only LPS and there'll be more than enough there for them.

Add to that that the 8x54w T5 unit will light up to a meter wide which is great....but the difference in cost between the 6x54w and 8x54 is just crazy! lol

More than enough Keyaam. I'm not intending to keep SPS on the perimeter of the tank...only LPS and there'll be more than enough there for them.

Add to that that the 8x54w T5 unit will light up to a meter wide which is great....but the difference in cost between the 6x54w and 8x54 is just crazy! lol

Im running the same amount of T5s and i previously had 8. I noticed that it was too much light and since scaling down to 6 the colours have popped tremendously. All have individual reflectors and im running fans to keep them cool.

Update...things moving along

Ok, so I finally collected the glass yesterday :slayer:.

Stand should be done by next week monday.

Hoping to have the tank built by month end.

Sunpower unit due to arrive middle of this month (hopefully).

Filled my CO2 cannister, got wood for the base, ABS sheeting for overflow.

Also hoping to receive my rock in this month. Ordered 50kg of LR...mix of Java, Sumatra, Borneo, Ultra lightweight Figi, Tonga branches and slabs, deep water Haiti..for an interesting pre-planned aquascape idea that I have in mind...

Looking forward to it Gix. :)
Did you come right with the Zeo?

I got in contact with Thomas Pohl and he gave me an indication of shipping costs. But i'm not sure yet if i'm gonna go with Zeovit. Might first try NeoZeo as that's easily available. What's your opinion on the NeoZeo?

Neozeo does work hey Gix. Same principles as zeovit. Not sure its quite in the same league though

I've been using the NeoZeo method for around 4 months now. It is very sensitive to dosing routines but isn't that time consuming. You just have to be very diligent with dosing routines.

That's what i'm interested in knowing. but i guess the only way to really tell is using some before and after shots of sps on NeoZeo whilst keeping everything else relatively the same.

Tagggggggggggging along on this build, this will be an awesome tank !!!!

you building your tank yourself!

oi "G" how's it going... good to see you back in action.. now grow me some more frags :)

all the best
Les

Lol, I think it's gonna be a while before I even look at a frag setup. Wanna start my system off with frags or very small colonies and let them grow out. I figure once those have grown out they'll yield the most stable frags as the colonies themselves will be really used to tank conditions.

Back
Top Bottom