Gideon's 1800x900x700 Dream

Every day a bit closer ...

picture.php

Adding more water... Needed about 50 liters after this addition to ensure there's enough to run the whole system.

picture.php

Trying to get the Ocean Runners a bit more silent. We've got a bit of a problem there - no way we can have that noise 24/7. It seems to be mainly the OR3500. Idol says "That's about the noise they make." At one time I was told "You won't hear them." Are there any "much less noisy" pumps out there? From what I was told I expected a lot less noise. Sure, the cabinet still needs to be fitted, but I can hear this through two closed doors about 10m away. I was thinking of maybe building a short little "glass compartment" around the pumps so that they stand in water to lessen the noise, but I may need a quiter pumps in addition to that.

picture.php

Testing out the location of the Radions with a makeshift "scaffolding". I think that will be about the level they will hang. It will be about 14cm from the water surface when the pumps are running, about 18cm in the pictures. This gives a bit more spread than hanging them at the 10cm mark.

picture.php

Full Tank Shot with a blue-spectrum setting. The water is still a bit cloudy from the final water addition. Note that I expanded the highest LR a bit. The Star Polyp rock on the right has been moved about 15cm upwards by placing it on a higher point in the "foundation" and also adding another rock to the rightmost foundation. The cave is now bigger. I also added another mini-arch to the left, adding another small cave right at the top.

picture.php

View from the left-hand-side panel. I also "closed up" the back-left side (behind the "back wall") a bit.

picture.php

FTS with whiter light setting. The pile of LR pieces front left is only temporary.

picture.php

"Close-up" showing the caves.

picture.php

I think this is called a "glove polyp". Or maybe just another "star Polyp". Can someone please confirm? It's opening up nicely again.

picture.php

"Hachiko" giving me the eye.

picture.php

Beautiful tail on a Chromis.

picture.php

Female clownfish.

picture.php

Hachiko perched, as he usually is.

picture.php

My lone hermit crab.

picture.php

Group photo.

picture.php

Payama cardinal. They're more "skittish" than the rest (except for the watchman goby).

picture.php

Clownfish pair trying to host in one of the "frags" of the large leather.

TIR is awesom, huge diference in colour mixing,spread and intensity ... Lovely tank dude :thumbup:

It will be about 14cm from the water surface when the pumps are running
too close to the water.

The Radions do have a fault. Their fans pack up, due to the moisture. Mainly because they get installed to close to the water and in enclosed cabinets. They need good airflow around them, and a bit further from the water.

Mine is at 22cm

I was thinking of maybe building a short little "glass compartment" around the pumps so that they stand in water to lessen the noise, but I may need a quiter pumps in addition to that.

I dont own one of these pumps so cant comment on noise, but for noise reduction I assume you will be covering the stand with wooden panels. You could try lining the boards with carpet or other noise absorbing materials

Thanks, I'll hang them a bit higher when I do the cabling.

too close to the water.

The Radions do have a fault. Their fans pack up, due to the moisture. Mainly because they get installed to close to the water and in enclosed cabinets. They need good airflow around them, and a bit further from the water.

Mine is at 22cm

Looks awesone..like the aquascape

regarding the pumps, i assume they still new?
If yes, exchange them for eheim 1262 pumps. also put silicone tube between pump and pvc piping to reduce vibration.
Another thing , the sucker cups that comes with those pumps or all pumps also help to reduce vibration

Also, those or3500 pimps seems to get quieter as they run in a bit.

The pump is softer than right at the beginning, but still, we wouldn't be able to go with it long-term. I'm running it "now and then" to keep the water circulating through the sump (luckily, not really anything in there at the moment). Still need to make a plan ...

Going to be a wonderful tank. I have the OR3500 and mine is pretty quite from day one. I would take them back if they don't come right.

The guys from Idol says "that's about how noisy they are", but I can't imagine anyone being happy with the noise, so I'm not too sure.

Maybe I could come listen to yours, or somebody else's, to compare?

Going to be a wonderful tank. I have the OR3500 and mine is pretty quite from day one. I would take them back if they don't come right.

Sure thing, come through anytime. Also Ecotech recommend that minimum height of radion is 15cm (6 inches) above the water.

My Radions should be fine in terms of height from the water then.

I am sure, as long as you don't have a dolphin doing jumps out of your tank or a hurricane with huge waves.:p
Mine sit 15cm above the water, but it is early days, so far I haven't seen any splash or salt splats on them.

Back
Top Bottom