Geyser element

Discussion in 'Test Kits, Controllers, Reactors and Dosers' started by Philip.Cloete, 29 Mar 2013.

1. Philip.Cloete

Philip.Cloete

Hi guys

I just ordered a temp controller which can switch heaters on and also fans on if water is too hot.

Anyways I have 2 300w heaters in tank at the moment but the thing is the room gets quite cold during the winter months and the heaters cant keep up with the temp.

I was thinking of adding a geyser element to the controller so it can warm up the water faster.
    Wil this work or will the element rust away in the salt I dont know what material is used in a geyser element so will it be safe or should I just get some more aqarium heaters.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. tekkengal

tekkengal Moderator

I think those elements are made out of copper, if I am not mistaken. Could end up causing issues with your inverts.

4. Dave F

Dave F

The outside of the elements are coated but there is copper in the elements. I was thinking of doing the same but the copper content is an.

5. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

can your controller handel 3000w of power?
    i would just add a thrid heater

6. Philip.Cloete

Philip.Cloete Thread Starter

Thanks

Can make the controller to work through a relay but if there is any chance of harm I would rather go with an extra heater.

Thanks again

Recent Posts