getting yellow and sailfin to accept Regal

Discussion in 'Marine Fish Discussions' started by ziyaadb, 12 Oct 2010.

1. ziyaadb

ziyaadb

my sailfin and yellow are about 3 times the size of the regal i got and they are giving him major stress. he is a really healthy fish and eating well. I dont want to sell him but also dont want him dead. how would be the best way to get the other 2 to leave him alone? He currently just swims in 1 corner of the tank up and down and you can see that he is not acting normal. he has been in the tank 3 days now.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. 459b

459b Moderator MASA Contributor

although slightly stressful for the fish...you could try removing all the fish, do a bit of rescaping and then adding regal first. Give it time to get comfortable ,then add the other two tangs.
    THis ahs worked for me with some of my aggressivve fish, but was a temporary solution.

4. yusufgamiet

yusufgamiet

try the mirror trick. it worked for me. put a mirror up against the tank and they will fight with their own reflections and leave him be so he can settle a bit. i just stuck the mirror side of a cd on the glass.

Recent Posts