Getting sps to shoot up

Reaction score
I have no idea what to call it. I bought a secale acro frag probably two years ago but it was a flat piece. The flat piece has for the last two years just been excrusting without making branches. How do you get them to shoot branches?

We're it is.. Its impossible to move. It's on a flattish rock with 5 or 6 other acros. It's just this secale that's stubborn

Someone told me before I must cut the little shoots it's making. Then it will grow up. I tried. The coral just heals itself and no branches

Shucks OK. Don't know how but I'll have a look. This coral thinks he is a encrusting something. Maybe he will decide to make branches one day when he covered the whole rock. Will be a huge secale then:m85:

Acropora Secale are known to encrust and form a solid base before branching upwards. If the colour is good and it's encrusting well leave it.. It will branch eventually

Acropora Secale are known to encrust and form a solid base before branching upwards. If the colour is good and it's encrusting well leave it.. It will branch eventually
Nothing wrong with it...I swear this frag has been encrusting for two years...if not longer. Waiting another two years i guess wont make a difference...lol

Mine only started going up once it fully encrusted over the top of the frag plug
IMG_1573.jpg

My Secale frag got all the new growth at the base in the last few weeks when I started up with Reef x-tra-x cubes again, sorted out the lighting and making sure my parameters are stable.

Ill take a pic of mine over the weekend if im home....My one has thousands of those little shoots...And nothing else. Maybe he just want to be different

Back
Top Bottom