Getting rid of Majano

Reaction score
Whats the best way to get rid of these guys?

I was thinking of JoesJuice, anyone use it? How does it interact with the other inmates? I see that one has to "Feed" them with this... that could become a problem, cause would this stuff not just go all over the tank then.

Was thinking of lemon juice.. but not sure how well it works..

I seen in other post about terminator... anyone know where I can get it?

What do you guys use? I have one that is sitting right under the lip of my Clam.. and don't want it.. or me to damage the clam when I get it OUT!!

Hehe... good old elbow grease!;) I usually use my fingernail to carefully scrape them from the surface they are holding onto. Best to do this with whatever they sitting on out of the water, otherwise turn of all your pumps. If this is impossible try and inject them with a strong kalwasser solution, doesn't get Joe's juice over here and found this to work!

Whats the best way to get rid of these guys?

I was thinking of JoesJuice, anyone use it? How does it interact with the other inmates? I see that one has to "Feed" them with this... that could become a problem, cause would this stuff not just go all over the tank then.

Was thinking of lemon juice.. but not sure how well it works..

I seen in other post about terminator... anyone know where I can get it?

What do you guys use? I have one that is sitting right under the lip of my Clam.. and don't want it.. or me to damage the clam when I get it OUT!!

Joes Juice work fine and will take care of your problem.I have used this myself on majano's in my current system.Terminator destroys everything it touches but also works .
Terminator is available in most shops in CT.

I figured, I might as well restore this thead again... I have been battling with Majano for over 3 years now.. They have killed all my SPS and my softies are hanging on for dear life.. There are hundereds of them in my tank.. the more I kill them.. the more they just pop up.. So I am looking for a natural solution as injecting them with anything is a waste and I might as well then just give up.

I have been doing som research and heard that raccoon's could control them.. but one needs to look out for your softies with them.. As I can put my softies in another tank while my tank is being "cleaned".. i dont have an issue with that.. i just want to get rid of these darn Majano.

I am sure there is enough for him to eat on for over a year (lol.. yes its that bad).. What does one feed them after that? How hardy are these racoons?

Has anyone had any luck getting rid of these with a racoon before? Anyone done with their racoon and want to sell it on? Where can I get one in gauteng ? Who stocks them?

I REALLY would love to do a before an after picture ... as you will fall on the floor when you see the "before" (current) picture

Thanks Boendoe.. but trust me that will not work with the amount I have in my tank... it is really out of control..

When i do a water change I Siphon at least over 50 of them out.. and they just multiply worst than rabbits... and the next day they back again.. I think I will take a picture tonight to show the extent of the problem I am having to put this maybe in context.. I might have the most majano in South Africa.. lol

Thats the reason why I am looking for a natural solution..

As promised, as you can see the extent of the issue I am having.. I cleaned my tank about 2 weeks ago and they growing again on my

2994e09aee4651b1.jpg
its CRAZY... Aggghhh

This is what my tank used to look like BEFORE they took it over

2994e09af9f2620e.jpg

I almost thought you had a tank full of zoas. I dont you going to win, theres a big army to destroy.

Start all over again, rocks and all. The tank, sump and pipes would need a good scrub too. My friend gave the hobby due to this pest.

Dont laugh at me but I used an electric toothbrush with an old head. Just brush over the area where they are and they are literally pulled apart. Kalk slurry works well but you have to turn off your powerhead for at least an hour after squirting the kalk on them so there is very little water movement so as to keep the slurry over the majano for as long as possible

Kalk not a good idea for so many majano, its going to affect the ph.

When ever I saw a majano I just removed the rock, scraped the majano off quickly then just rinsed the rock in some RO and returned the rock to the tank. In the case of such an infestation I would restart the tank and boil the rocks

Bleak:eek:

I would restart.....gonna be easier thta way....it looks as though you have already lost a lot of your corals....

Yes... I have lost quite a bit of my corals and really want to get rid of these things... It really got out of hand and uncontrollable

I think I will first start off with maybe a Racoon or banner fish (@Adee let me know when you get some) before boiling my rocks..

For this much chemicals is a definate NO GO for me..

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom