Generic Systems

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
To all the Mods Admin and Gurus

Would it be at all possible to set up a generic system plan.

eg

For a 250 L, a 500 L and a 1000L

You could have a Budget and a "The Stuff" sytem, reef, Fish Only etc, try to keep it simple though.

Approx cost, what is needed at start up what can be added, maybe even a diagram for the DSB, Cabinet etc

I know its a lot of work, but i feel this would help guys starting out tremendously

Something like this, although this was done in 20 seconds, you should get the Idea.
GenericTank.jpg

Sorry not trying to give you work, if I could help compiling or paying coffee bills let me know

Sounds like a plan...

Except I don't think excel has enough rows for all the stuff I've bought for my tank :p

Sounds like a plan...

Except I don't think excel has enough rows for all the stuff I've bought for my tank :p

O i do so agree, but add that under the nice extras columns ;)

lol its not a question of asking kanga if he has been drinking;)

its kanga how drunk are you today??

lol its not a question of asking kanga if he has been drinking;)

its kanga how drunk are you today??

Plenty, as per usual

Nice Idea Kanga.
We will look into it. Also look out for the step by step setup without breaking the bank thread that will be starting soon ;) - Pic intensive

Nice Idea Kanga.
We will look into it. Also look out for the step by step setup without breaking the bank thread that will be starting soon ;) - Pic intensive

Nice, I like :35:

Would even be better if everyone could fill in a "form" like this for their own tank. Will give newbie’s like me an idea of the options and averages around.

Check out "Ultimate Marine Aquariums, Saltwater Dream Systems and How They are Created" from Michael S. Paletta (thanks Copperband), they have a rating card for systems, a bit lengthy, but gives you a nice overview of what is in each system.

Can be added to your CP?

hehehe Len when you bring my book back we can make a spreadsheet that the guys can host for us here for newbies to download and check what they need.

BTW fantastic book isn't it?

Great idea .

Would be very nice for us noobs to look at before even thinking off starting

Thanks

You know what might be a better idea here is if a newbie comes on and gives a budget and what system they would like ie fish only, Reef etc and then let the guys put systems together for that budget.

You know what might be a better idea here is if a newbie comes on and gives a budget and what system they would like ie fish only, Reef etc and then let the guys put systems together for that budget.

I like that idea. Would have been great when I started oiut coz I had a definate budget.

Agreed, the newcomer can still do this, but sometimes its nice just to have a refeence to throw ideas about and see what is needed before asking question

If someone had directed me to a Fish Keeping Forum before I started my tank I could have saved a bundle. I would have had T5's instead of T'8 I would have had a good skimmer instead of a Jebo.
Great idea I think.

Back
Top Bottom