G'day from Australia

Reaction score
Hi guys

Just saying hello. I used to live in Cape Town, but moved to Melbourne in Australia 2 years ago.

I haven't really had time to get into the online aquarium community again, but I did set up a new tank as soon as I got here. It's doing well quite well and I'm finally starting to feel that I am getting the hang of this hobby.

Also, I'm really impressed with this forum, it's a lot better than the site that I used to look at when I lived in SA. Well done.

cheers

welcometomasa SA premier marine site Austar

Good to have a expat around, oh and pics of the tank is obligatory :D:D

So do you guys miss Ouma rusks, Kit Kat and Castle. Damn I must say you do have Vegemite:):)

Kanga says i must be nice to the new members.... so HELLLLLLLLO! welcome! have a fantastic stay!

welcometomasa

Welcome back Austar. :) Great to have you on board.

So what's it like in Australia, how's the weather? But most importantly, how the reefing goodies over there? :D

Welcome to MASA!

howsit man welcome to the friendliest source of informatin around

D'day Mate :)

I think I remember your setup - 2m display with a bank of about 9 or so 3 foot tanks as various fuges / sumps etc ?

Anyway welcome home :D

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I'll post a few pics of my setup, just need to take some new ones.

The Australian reefing scene is a lot like SA's and then also not. Equipment is expensive because it's imported and the hobby is small here, but corals and fish are much cheaper than in SA (corals are all local from either the GBR or Western Australia).

As for missing Ouma rusks, Kit Kats or whatnot. We buy it from the SA shops and most deli's have biltong, droe wors etc. The supermarkets all stock Mrs Ball's chutney and appletiser. There's not much that we really miss, except family of course.

Dragonreef - you may be thinking of the right guy. My tank was a 6 footer, but I did have a bank of 4 footers as fuges and sumps in the garage. It was a great idea that never really got off the ground.

mhh biltong and all up there, nice. Or is it down there:lol:

Nice we getting some pics

Back
Top Bottom