Fuzzy dwarf lionfish

Warr7207

Yes I have one in my tank, available time to time at Animal Kingdom Hillfox
Carl

Ok, I know you going give me loads of shit for my latest addition to my tank.

52847b7448699968.jpg

You coudln't find a prettier fish in all 17 stores in JHB ????

hehe, just kidding, really nice fish, I love all the lionfish, once had 6 in a tank (or was it 4, can't remember now)

Does he eat prepared foods?

hehe, just kidding, really nice fish, I love all the lionfish, once had 6 in a tank (or was it 4, can't remember now)

Does he eat prepared foods?

he has been sitting at the LFS for the last 2 weeks under my watchful eye. Only eating whitefish. Haven't tried flakes/pellets yet.

Cool, mine were eating small pieces of white fish too, mostly hake, I used to put a small bit on the end of some tongs, they attacked it so vigorously I was too scared to put my fingers in the tank.

Cool, mine were eating small pieces of white fish too, mostly hake, I used to put a small bit on the end of some tongs, they attacked it so vigorously I was too scared to put my fingers in the tank.

the LFS weaned the unit soon as he got, as feeding it live prey can become expensive.

the LFS weaned the unit soon as he got, as feeding it live prey can become expensive.

But breeding guppies is easy and not that expensive.:whistling:

DSC07865a.gif

DSC07877a.gif

DSC07871a.gif

DSC07873a.gif

This is the faces I walk into every morning, all the Lions in a row waiting for breakfast. How could I not love these guys… I’ve also decided to place a photo of each of them individually and you guys can perhaps point me towards the correct names for the different species.

Hi WARR - you're being nasty now..... sorry - I just had to say it ;-) You're now making EVERY SINGLE reefer who read this thread - jealous... (just joking about the nasty bit - don't take it too seriously, please)....

No - seriously though - all the besdt of luck with your new addition. I just hope that you don't have small enough fish that would fit in this fish's mouth.... Otherwise it might become very expensive food ;-)

I LOVE THAT FISH, MAN! REALLY AWESOME! Congrats!

Warr7207

Yes I have one in my tank, available time to time at Animal Kingdom Hillfox
Carl

Hello Carl - welcome and thank you for posting here at MASA.

Kindest regards.
Jacques

Warr hope you enjoy your lion, maybe try some mussel, mine seems to go quite mad about it.

No - seriously though - all the besdt of luck with your new addition. I just hope that you don't have small enough fish that would fit in this fish's mouth.... Otherwise it might become very expensive food ;-)

That was the thing I consider. Previously I would have never consider a Lionfish due to the "whatever fits in it's mouth" feeding habits.

But when I came across the Dwarf species I became interested. The specific species I have - Dendrochirus brachypterus has the smallest mouth.

Can you believe they suggest a minimum of 115 l (30g) tank, so I am sorted at 350 l

Back
Top Bottom