Fuzzy dwarf lionfish

Reaction score
Warr7207

Yes I have one in my tank, available time to time at Animal Kingdom Hillfox
Carl

Reaction score
Ok, I know you going give me loads of shit for my latest addition to my tank.

52847b7448699968.jpg

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
You coudln't find a prettier fish in all 17 stores in JHB ????

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
hehe, just kidding, really nice fish, I love all the lionfish, once had 6 in a tank (or was it 4, can't remember now)

Does he eat prepared foods?

Reaction score
hehe, just kidding, really nice fish, I love all the lionfish, once had 6 in a tank (or was it 4, can't remember now)

Does he eat prepared foods?
he has been sitting at the LFS for the last 2 weeks under my watchful eye. Only eating whitefish. Haven't tried flakes/pellets yet.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Cool, mine were eating small pieces of white fish too, mostly hake, I used to put a small bit on the end of some tongs, they attacked it so vigorously I was too scared to put my fingers in the tank.

Reaction score
Cool, mine were eating small pieces of white fish too, mostly hake, I used to put a small bit on the end of some tongs, they attacked it so vigorously I was too scared to put my fingers in the tank.
the LFS weaned the unit soon as he got, as feeding it live prey can become expensive.

moz

Reaction score
the LFS weaned the unit soon as he got, as feeding it live prey can become expensive.
But breeding guppies is easy and not that expensive.:whistling:

Reaction score
DSC07865a.gif

DSC07877a.gif

DSC07871a.gif

DSC07873a.gif

This is the faces I walk into every morning, all the Lions in a row waiting for breakfast. How could I not love these guys… I’ve also decided to place a photo of each of them individually and you guys can perhaps point me towards the correct names for the different species.

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Hi WARR - you're being nasty now..... sorry - I just had to say it ;-) You're now making EVERY SINGLE reefer who read this thread - jealous... (just joking about the nasty bit - don't take it too seriously, please)....

No - seriously though - all the besdt of luck with your new addition. I just hope that you don't have small enough fish that would fit in this fish's mouth.... Otherwise it might become very expensive food ;-)

I LOVE THAT FISH, MAN! REALLY AWESOME! Congrats!

jacquesb

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Warr7207

Yes I have one in my tank, available time to time at Animal Kingdom Hillfox
Carl
Hello Carl - welcome and thank you for posting here at MASA.

Kindest regards.
Jacques

Reaction score
Warr hope you enjoy your lion, maybe try some mussel, mine seems to go quite mad about it.

Reaction score
No - seriously though - all the besdt of luck with your new addition. I just hope that you don't have small enough fish that would fit in this fish's mouth.... Otherwise it might become very expensive food ;-)
That was the thing I consider. Previously I would have never consider a Lionfish due to the "whatever fits in it's mouth" feeding habits.

But when I came across the Dwarf species I became interested. The specific species I have - Dendrochirus brachypterus has the smallest mouth.

Can you believe they suggest a minimum of 115 l (30g) tank, so I am sorted at 350 l