Future LED build

Hi all. I want to import some led's but want to know what else i need to add?

60 degree led lens
3w white led 6000-6500k
3w high power led 10000-20000k
3w royal blue high power led 440-460nm
high power led dimming driver for 12-20 led's,3w,60w
still need to look for heatsinks

Sounds like you will be getting the led's from the same place as me. I have drivers if you are interested as well as 3m of heatsink. Look at my build for pics of the heatsink.

Don't under estimate the power of these LEDs.
But yes, rather do an overkill that can be dimmed to run at 40%.

Don't under estimate the power of these LEDs.
But yes, rather do an overkill that can be dimmed to run at 40%.

I've got 60 on my 1000mm x 600mm x 400mm tank. Just held the light unit over the tank today, don't have a hanging kit yet and it looked bright. Think I will add the 20 extra leds I have left over as well.

Cool, just carefull you don't bleach your corals.
I have 4x Vertex SB900s over my little frag tank 900x900x500.
The units have 10 LEDs each, 5 white and 5 royal blue and it is very bright.

Will update you guys on the PAR reading of the custom build once I have finished all three units...

Quintin i'm still busy looking at at the led's so don't have any pics sorry. Still waiting for your pm

Sorry man.
Been hectic this week and off to Angila on business until 17 Feb.
Promise to pm you with the details once I'm back.

@raytone i have about the same size tank that im busy with..if u look at that site that @Quintin gave u ull see that it says we need 3 12"x 81/2" heat sinks...in the table at the top it gives u a guideline as to what u wanna keep...for me its LPS and im gonna need about 72 leds..so 50 ull be able to keep only softies according to that site..Im also in the dark as to how many i need...But that site looks pretty decent..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes i read somthing like that @Manic..Thats why i was thinking of getting the 120 led kit with dimmable drivers...120 leds sould be enough if 72 cree's are enough for LPS..But that is why we 'noobs' have the big guys like u and Quintin and and and..... Around to help us out....lol...My main thing is also a controller for the lights...But geez they are not cheap...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom