Furbz 250l

This is a VERY disturbing comment you made Furbz. How many T5's are you running? What Geisemann tubes did you put in?

Also, is this the ONLY thing you changed that you can recall?

Really funny that this should happen, but more info as above would be appreciated. ;)

This is a VERY disturbing comment you made Furbz. How many T5's are you running? What Geisemann tubes did you put in?

Really funny that this should happen, but more info as above would be appreciated. ;)

absolutely nothing else has changed.
i changed from R110 sunsun globes (cheaper globes) to giesemann.

i changed from:
2X 20000k
2X 10000K
2X 12000k

to

2X aquablue plus (11000k)
2X midday (6000K)
1X pure actinic
1X actinic plus

i'm stumped.

@ jaco schoeman

why is this funny? had a similiar incident?

No, but hearing the word BLEACHING and Geisemann in the same sentance is like hearing ROLLS ROYCE and WATER PUMP FAILURE in the same sentance, or even SPRINGBOK RUGBY AND LOSING in one sentence... :lol:

My only thought can be this, although this is VERY unlikely to be honest.

Your tank was (old setup) quite yellowish right? I see you only had two "blue" lights, and four lower Kelvin lights.

You changed this with the two actinic range lights (VERY GOOD INVESTMENT THERE) and then even with the two midday 6000K tubes (no probs there)

BUT... My ONLY thought on this (IF IT IS IN FACT THE LIGHTS AND NOT ANOTHER FACTOR YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT) are the Aquablue + tubes. They have 5 phosphor bands in them, of 20000K and 6000K mix. Thus giving you a whiter look. It MIGHT be that the corals liked your lower kalvin tubes that you had more. Although this is VERY unlikely IMO. Those geisemann combo's you have are the best there is IMO.

What corals are starting to bleach if I may ask?

I also stand in awe at this occurance!!!:whistling: Experts please help and advice? :biggrin:

Oh, and then there is the matter of too much light to cause bleaching, but again your setup isn't really that much different from what you had. It's not like you changed 6 T5's for 6x 400W MH's... :p

So overlighting here is a definite non cause.

No, but hearing the word BLEACHING and Geisemann in the same sentance is like hearing ROLLS ROYCE and WATER PUMP FAILURE in the same sentance, or even SPRINGBOK RUGBY AND LOSING in one sentence... :lol:

My only thought can be this, although this is VERY unlikely to be honest.

Your tank was (old setup) quite yellowish right? I see you only had two "blue" lights, and four lower Kelvin lights.

You changed this with the two actinic range lights (VERY GOOD INVESTMENT THERE) and then even with the two midday 6000K tubes (no probs there)

BUT... My ONLY thought on this (IF IT IS IN FACT THE LIGHTS AND NOT ANOTHER FACTOR YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN KNOW ABOUT) are the Aquablue + tubes. They have 5 phosphor bands in them, of 20000K and 6000K mix. Thus giving you a whiter look. It MIGHT be that the corals liked your lower kalvin tubes that you had more. Although this is VERY unlikely IMO. Those geisemann combo's you have are the best there is IMO.

What corals are starting to bleach if I may ask?

I also stand in awe at this occurance!!!:whistling: Experts please help and advice? :biggrin:

i have a red blasto, with a lumo green interior. that is starting to fade, zoas are turning white. my brown euphila is also turning white...

my coraline is growing bos. and my salinity is a bit low..

would a low salinity cause this?

just thought i'd give an updated picture of the tank..
in all likelyhood. it will be dismantled on sunday to make way for the new tank.
keep your eyes open for a new thread!!

and for anyone interested. the tank, stand, sump, lights, hood etc. will all be up for sale..

9154a8ba0ffeaab1.jpg

9154a8ba120a670d.jpg

will take more pics when i get my moms camera. she has a sony D350. so should hopefully get some good snaps with that.
it will be the last pictures of this tank...

Nice Furbz ;) Is that the same perc u got from me?? If so great to see her so healthy ;)

Nice Furbz ;) Is that the same perc u got from me?? If so great to see her so healthy ;)

i wish, i treated her and added her to my DT. she was happy and healty for around 2 months. then fell sick again with the same infection. i took her out as soon as i noticed and started treating again, but she sadly didnt make it.
:(

Back
Top Bottom