Funny looking fishamathingie

Reaction score
Ok, so I have personally packed everything over from the old tank to this new one. Every piece of rock was examined before it went in (because of Aptasias and bad crabs) and I have not received any corals other than the ones I had in my old tank.

So, the only way this new addition came in must have been with the big waterfill we did or through the sand I collected at Mission Rocks, but, the water went through a pump (twice), so I would love to know where all this creatures comes from that I from time to time find in my tank.

Please Id this one my wife found 02 days ago. Did not believe her at first until I saw it this morning...

151220072405.jpg

151220072408.jpg

Reaction score
Nope, cannot find it. It is see-through.It has Gills and fins like a fish. About 50mm in length. The mouth is also flattish, not the same as an eel that goes "backwords"

Reaction score
fish

Ok, so I have personally packed everything over from the old tank to this new one. Every piece of rock was examined before it went in (because of Aptasias and bad crabs) and I have not received any corals other than the ones I had in my old tank.

So, the only way this new addition came in must have been with the big waterfill we did or through the sand I collected at Mission Rocks, but, the water went through a pump (twice), so I would love to know where all this creatures comes from that I from time to time find in my tank.

Please Id this one my wife found 02 days ago. Did not believe her at first until I saw it this morning...

151220072405.jpg

151220072408.jpg
Hi freind i wont kill it, if it was bad for tank how did it not kill anything i would put it in your deep sand bed in your sump and then monitor it

Reaction score
Reaction score
Hi freind i wont kill it, if it was bad for tank how did it not kill anything i would put it in your deep sand bed in your sump and then monitor it
Thanks, but I put it back into the main display. If he did come with the sand, at least he is back onto the sand. But will definately not kill it now, 1st wanna see what it really is.

Reaction score
No worries mate post regular piccies of him, i have a feeling it might end up been some tipe of a game fish.
Copied...you need to try and keep ...it.... alive as long as possible. There are a number of pelagic s that we still.... do not know where trhe "Wild Thing Takes Place". This could be one of those missing links.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Copied...you need to try and keep ...it.... alive as long as possible. There are a number of pelagic s that we still.... do not know where trhe "Wild Thing Takes Place". This could be one of those missing links.
Hey Sean, how do you fancy the Koekeomer wrasse:thumbup:

Reaction score
Hey Sean, how do you fancy the Koekeomer wrasse:thumbup:
Chuckle chuckle...Sean you should submit a pic to ORI...attention Dennis King. The most knowledgeable in his field. The guru of all gurus. If not pm me and i will send it.

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Chuckle chuckle...Sean you should submit a pic to ORI...attention Dennis King. The most knowledgeable in his field. The guru of all gurus. If not pm me and i will send it.
yeah thats what i was thinking,went through 2 of his books and still cant find an ID

Reaction score
yeah thats what i was thinking,went through 2 of his books and still cant find an ID
So what is the use of asking Dennis if it does not show in his books...LoL

Nah,just joking, but.... What I have seen the last 02 days- This fish stays like 24 hours a day with the Starfish (new one:whistling: - yes Dean;) , I'm still trying to figure out as to how to get your one to you as well as Afsal's Dolphin Fish) I got a couple of days ago. But he did not come with the starfish as my wife saw him (the fish) before the starfish's arrival...