Fungia ate my Cleaner Wrasse

Mekaeel

Reaction score
Hey guys after some serious thought,about 3 weeks ago i bought a baby powderblue for my 600*600*450 cube.Yesterday it had a serious white spot case, and this morning it was dead (no more PB's for me).Also found my cleaner wrasse dead, and in the mouth of my fungia.The cleaner wrasse was about 4cm long.

Bliksem!! Sorry for the loss of the PB!

The last one is a nice pic though...

WOW! Firstly, sorry about the Powder blue, Mekaeel. Yeah - I know what you mean. I want to, BUT don't want to buy a regal.... BUT same thing. I am $sh|t scared of them getting a bad case of white spot, infecting my other fish and dying (and my other fish also dying).....

VERY interesting picture of the cleaner wrasse inside the fungia's "mouth". HHhhhmmmm fungia are sessile animals..... And their tentacles are not as stick as those of anemone's. So, all I can think of, is also that the fish tried to "hide" inside the fungia's "mouth", and the fungia most likely thought "ah feeding time"..... and started digesting the cleaner wrasse.....

Sorry for the loss Mekaeel, Know how you feel. Don't think the wrasse are so susceptible to white spot, I think he could have been to inquisitive.

hard luck champ. i know this morning geoff woke up to fine his otherwise heathly cleaner wrasse dead to. very strange. was very heathly and looking good to!

sorry for the losses . Have to say one of the more interesting pics around

Back
Top Bottom