full circle..

leslie hempel

Professional Aquarist
Reaction score
has anyone else noticed it or am i dillusional but we started with big tanks and then went to cubes and are now starting to go bigger (in length) again

there are quite a few guys with 5ft's popping up next they will go 2m?
:)

just thought id point it out..

if I could, I will take on of the 3x3m rooms, and convert it into a diving tank, dig it to be 4-5m deep, lol... It will cost, and filters will take up another room, but it will be so awesome, glass wall from inside and outside, natural light is the best...imagine what a reef tank I can have then...

has anyone else noticed it or am i dillusional but we started with big tanks and then went to cubes and are now starting to go bigger (in length) again

there are quite a few guys with 5ft's popping up next they will go 2m?
:)

just thought id point it out..

well spotted......strange hay.

years back every one had 4ft, then the craze was 6ft and bigger.......2.5 - 3m

personally i tried a nano after my 6ft, not because of money, but the challenge to keep that amount of water in good shape......
i can promise you if you wanna do it right........its no cheaper than a big tank......
i mean it is cheaper, but you dont save that much.

my last nano cost me over 40k.................and i can tell you, my 6ft was easier to maintain

Last edited:
marco i actualy was thinking of you in particular when i posted this thread.. :) i have been waiting in anticipation of your new setup.. i was a fan of your big one a few years ago.. definatley costs cash no matter what size you go.. i love an overkill of equipment on a smaller system i think it does give you an advantage. but skill still plays a vital role.. ;)

marco i actualy was thinking of you in particular when i posted this thread.. :) i have been waiting in anticipation of your new setup.. i was a fan of your big one a few years ago.. definatley costs cash no matter what size you go.. i love an overkill of equipment on a smaller system i think it does give you an advantage. but skill still plays a vital role.. ;)

thanks dude........aw you just saying that cause its world gratitude day:razz:

Well, I started with my brothers 500L. Crap sump amongst other issues.
Then I had a 90L - That is when I learned a lot about water parameters etc...
Then a 5foot / 1.2 Display plus sump 280L
Then big. Just over 1000L complete system

Now back to same old 1.2m .

What is the easiest? the 1.2
Cheapest. Really stupid question...
Awesome, The big boy.

i started with a standard 3ft 915 x 325 x 380 moved on to 2 another simular 915 x 325 x 500 then built two 1.000 x .500 x .500 then built two 1.200 x .600 x .500
bought a 2m x .600 x .600 which i never used got another 1.200 x .450 x .450,
finally rested on having the one 1.200 x .600 x .500 and a .900 x .400 x .400.

that lasted a few years then

I got greedy..

i bought a 1.500 x .700 x .700 but dident like the overflow so sold it and built another 1.500 x .700 x .700 with the overflow i liked.

that tank was a little too big for the place i was staying in so i went back to what i currently have now my 1.200 x.750 x .600

managable and fits in my place.. you done need to have a huge tank to have a nice neat system..

so i have definatley gone full circle.. i wont even get into all the tanks i have had inbetween those..

Back
Top Bottom