How long have you had it?
2 months​
Shipping or Collection only:
collect only​
Your location.
Krugersdorp​
Price:
R200​
All sales to be conducted on the thread.
  • I agree
Photo's:
picture.php

picture.php
Notes:
Condy Anemone with purple tips,healthy and doing well for sale or to swap for pin cusion or any other coral.​

I can collect it anytime, please let me know

or willing to swop for green tip anemone

Yes it's a green tip bubble tip.

I am happy to collect on the weekend, but if you would prefer to trade Zandy for the green tip i won't mind, your call.

I don't want to derail the thread, but feel I must say this. This anemone is bleached and has expelled all his zoanthellae - it will need meaty foods to sustain itself, so whoever buys it must just take note of that.

I don't want to derail the thread, but feel I must say this. This anemone is bleached and has expelled all his zoanthellae - it will need meaty foods to sustain itself, so whoever buys it must just take note of that.

no this exactly how this anemone looks

From what I can find very quickly on Google for Condy anemones are that they should not be pure white. They should turn brownish.

help with pink tip anemone - The Reef Tank
I believe pink tipped anemones are actually condy anemones. I have bought one before for $5 and it looked just as described, bleached. I put it half way up my 40 long with my dual T8 fixture (yes T8) and within a couple weeks it was turning brown (a good thing, its recovering is zoaxanthellae algae within) so I think if you were to do the same thing I did with a dual T5HO you should be fine.

Hatian Pink Tip Condy anemone turning brown? - Reef Central Online Community
Lot of people buy white condy's from fish stores not knowing that is an unhealthy anemone. When they turn brown, it's usually a good sign. It's their 'natural' color in the wild. Do the tentacles feel sticky to the touch? If so, that's another good sign. Do feed it some food occasionally.

Also note that they are not generally associated with hosting any fish. although clowns could adapt to host in them. Check last link.

If a bit brown but the camera flash just white washed it, then most likely its healthy. The proof will be if the tentacles are still sticky.

interesting that yours are on the rock work. I thought they prefer to be in the substrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom