[FS]: 4ft tank full setup - sale R3000 : Centurion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Full system sales or multiple items for sale.
Thread title:
4ft tank full setup - sale R3000
Shipping or Collection only:
Collection only
All sales to be conducted on the thread.
  • I agree
Photo's and description/list of items for sale:
Hi Guys and girls

I’ve officially now am throwing in the towel (For now) on the hobby that I hoped to start. To give a bit of background, I bought the tank hoping to start the new hobby. But just about a month later the company went into quite a big financial rough patch and in the end I had to make a few sacrifices to make sure I get my bills paid. So in the end I never got the tank started up even though I’ve been wanting to for the past year.

I’ve now gotten a job in the UK and will be leaving in two weeks time. So I need to sell my entire setup ASAP! So whoever is interested, please let me know. I’m getting rid of it so I’m selling it for R3000. So its pretty cheap.

The entire setup consists of the following:

• - 4 foot tank (1220L x 460W x 660H) and stand
  • - Lighting system that can accommodate 4 54w fluorescent bulbs, two halogen lamps, and two LED lights (one of them is missing, I got the unit like that)
  • - Two protein skimmers
  • - About 20 kgs of dead rock (Used to be live rock)
  • - Some Neo marine salt (about quarter bucket left)
  • - 3 stage RO unit (Hardly used but hasn’t been used in a year)
  • - 1 Sera aqua test kit
  • - 1 pump
  • - 1 resun wavemaker
  • - 2 x 25W heaters
  • - 2 x 300W heater
  • - A lot of plastic drums
  • - Two dustbins that the previous owner used to use as a DSB
There is a chip on the tank base, I bought it like this. In order to keep things as transparent as possible, here is the thread I opened when I first found out about the chip.

My new marine venture-started out not so good - Marine Aquariums South Africa

****************************** Unfortunately I don’t have a bakkie so you will have to bring your own.

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures...

PC170006.jpg

PC170007.jpg

PC170008.jpg

PC170009.jpg

PC170010.jpg

PC170011.jpg

PC170012.jpg

PC170013.jpg

PC170014.jpg

PC170015.jpg

Last edited:
If you split up, I will take the dead rock, depending on price.

Hi I'm busy building my own 4ft tank and have almost everything exept for a light unit so I might also be interested in the light unit depending on prise and the salt.

The main thing is the tank. But seeing that I need to get rid of things, I'll split things up.
@RIAAN: Ok i measured the dead rock mass. Its about 30kg. I'll sell it to you for R500 the whole lot
@Gersh: OK the light, and test kit, I'll give both of them to you for R1200. If you take the RO, I'll give it to you all for R1500.
@Tiger eye: Hehehe, I'll give you the salt. No charge!!! Other "smaller" items I may be willing to give it to you as well. Or we can negotiate a price. The lighting unit I'll sell for R900

As for the tank, I know its a difficult thing to sell. So whoever is interested, I'll sell it to them for R300.

I'm available for most of the day tomorrow (evenings I may be out) but we can make a plan if its another day. Let me know!!!

Gersh: OK the light, and test kit, I'll give both of them to you for R1200. If you take the RO, I'll give it to you all for R1500.[/quote]

:p brand of light? how old globes? test kit how many tests left? RO unit how old are membranes?

Very much interested in that RESUN Waver pump and its controller. Perhaps I can convince someone to collect it from you in Gauteng. What would you want for it?
attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

Gersh: OK the light, and test kit, I'll give both of them to you for R1200. If you take the RO, I'll give it to you all for R1500.

:p brand of light? how old globes? test kit how many tests left? RO unit how old are membranes?[/QUOTE]

I don't know the brand. I bought the light from someone. According to him, he only used it for about 6 months. I havent used it since then. The globes are probably the same age. With respect to the test kit, I don't know how many tests are left. I've only used it twice. I'm not too sure how many times the previous owner has used it.

The RO unit. Well I bought it about two years back. Used it a bit for the tank and then used it for a little project I had in mind for another three months. I probably used it to make about 30 - 50 litres of RO water. It hasnt been used in about a year though.

Very much interested in that RESUN Waver pump and its controller. Perhaps I can convince someone to collect it from you in Gauteng. What would you want for it?
@irie ivan: Hey if you can make it to my place/ get a friend, I'll give it to you at no charge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom