[FS]: 2 x VERTEX SR260 300mm: Swaziland ... Will deliver for free in/around JHB/PTA

HOT SAUCE

If Im not their shepherd then I must be the Wolf
Reaction score
Hardware for sale
Thread title:
2 x VERTEX SR260 300mm​
Swaziland ... Will deliver for free in/around JHB/PTA​
Shipping or Collection only:
Will deliver for free in/around JHB/PTA​
All sales to be conducted on the thread.
  • I agree
Photo's and description/list of items for sale:
hi all

again i am selling my two VERTEX SR260 light units
they are in excellent condition and included is 1 x Vlink dongle for PC connection.

PRICE: 3500.00 or 7000.00 for both including the Vlink

there are some pics:

20150826-200123-copy-.jpg

20150826-200158-copy-.jpg

20150826-200138-copy-.jpg

Thank you :)
Notes:
-​

20150826_200123 (Copy).jpg

20150826_200138 (Copy).jpg

20150826_200158 (Copy).jpg

any pics of them on over the tank ? and what are the dimensions of that tank please

@puffer fish ... I have problems uploading pics from my phone but I can post some later after work.

the tank they are over is 1.2 x 40 x 50 ... its a overkill for such size tank tho. Vertex claims that each light can be used on a tank 1m x 1m x 650

Last edited by a moderator:
can a mod or anyone please tag Leslie to this thread for some reason i cant

Last edited:
@puffer fish ... just for reference my friend was using 3 of the same lights over his 2m x 1m x 75cm tank and was growing anythig from SPS to softies . he had plenty SPS and some awesome colors too... ill post pics tonight

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey bud what you need to know. Good quality lights price is very good usually they would be R7k ea if not more and being the sr260 they can penetrated pretty deep and not loose PAR.
Each light will do a min area of 800 cube.

Hey bud what you need to know. Good quality lights price is very good usually they would be R7k ea if not more and being the sr260 they can penetrated pretty deep and not loose PAR.
Each light will do a min area of 800 cube.

i know these are you type of lights , trying to figure out what sort of application they best for , im looking at lighting a long narrow shallow tank , say around 2.2 x 40 x 40 , worried that im going to loose alot of the lights power to over spill ,and that these would have been better for the 1m cube

Depending on scaping etc you'd need 3 to cover that length to be fully lit. But if you stagger your scape into islands tou could light the pinacles and get away with it. The units throw quite a lit of light for their size so if you going with a rimless or hoodlums look you will get light spill but iD lower the units to avoid this spill. The trade off is you will loose spread.the units are also very adjustable so you will be able to play with its output. The violet on this units is exceptionally stunning and will really pop the corals colours.

the lights are just iver two years old but they havent been used since January... I moved into a new house and never got a chance to restart the tank

bumps

Back
Top Bottom