Frustrating weekend

Reaction score
I bought 4 anthias on Saturday, they looked fine at the LFS. Once in the tank the smaller of the 4 sank straight to the bottom and hasn't moved or eaten since. I've been feeding live brine shrimp 6 times per day. The 2 bigger ones were eating flakes. Got up this morning to find the biggest one who looked healthy, dead and the rest not looking great. Is this the norm for anthias or did I get shafted by the LFS?

gaboon I think i was shopping right on youy tail this weekend, i was compalining how few anthias there were in LFS as its the one species i was really looking for.

I got 5 from hill fox which seem to be doing well, nibbling on pellets and taking some frozen, but not with that much enthusiasm. but all mine were swimming well.

But i got them on sunday, so still early days....

lol silly fella you should have tapped me on the shoulder...

i went from there to hill fox. I was so sorely tempted top take some of the angels in northgate, that french angel was incredible:) I did get a number of things from Northgate though....all swimming well:)

i'll post some pics on my thread just now:)

instead of being a shy wanker, come join warr and I for a beer tomorrow evening at my place if u have a gap:)

Sorry for your loss Gaboon :( , hope the others make it...

Shot bro, got home and the others are still alive. Don't understand it though, the one that was struggling the most is still hanging in there and the one that was looking the best and eating the most dies.

Shot bro, got home and the others are still alive. Don't understand it though, the one that was struggling the most is still hanging in there and the one that was looking the best and eating the most dies.

Seems to always happen with these creatures, I have two Goldies that have never grown. They not allowed to swim with the school and the male totally ignores them, yet they eat and are still alive.

Hey Warr: Mike's looking for some lyretail's like yours if you want to sell those two outcasts :p hehe

I have to ask, Mike complains about too much yellow, but that JB is way more orange than yellow :whistling:

hey hey now punks :)
I really like my 1 anthia and am getting more.
If you guys would give a brother a chance to get to the LFS before they all gone.:)
ps i also had one die on me.
You guys with your big tanks lucky buggers can have variety.
;)
Matt reckons i need a banana wrasse. that will break me
HA HA HA

hey hey now punks :)
I really like my 1 anthia and am getting more.
If you guys would give a brother a chance to get to the LFS before they all gone.:)
ps i also had one die on me.
You guys with your big tanks lucky buggers can have variety.
;)
Matt reckons i need a banana wrasse. that will break me
HA HA HA

And a lemon peel angel :biglaugh:

haha i seem to have a yellow dwarf ANd a banna wrass....maybe i am just yellow:) and 5 anthias and a fox face and a beautiful bright orange and blue MIKE the jumping bean! :)

Back
Top Bottom