From where it started to where I am now

Discussion in 'SPS Corals' started by Selwyn123, 22 Jun 2012.

1. Selwyn123

Selwyn123 BakGat

Hi guys, i just wanted to share some pictures of my journey with my tank(s).

So here is when it started simple and beginner ish. As you can see, i wasn't one for aesthetics and wires and stuff didn't bother me. I also though local was lekka and as some reefers might throw stones, i did get quite a few local things in my tank, but needless to say, i do have a permit now :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I then moved to my next setup as i wanted a bigger tank and decided i would try and make my own rock features, needless to say, as you can see, i wan't the best craftsmen :)

[​IMG]

stocked it with a bunch of rock and coral but algae soon took over and I lost about R2000 worth of coral

[​IMG]

At the point I am now, i have gained a lot of experience and still have a lot of lessons to learn but through hard work, some cash, and a hell of a lot of determination i have reached this point

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 22 Jun 2012
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Selwyn123

Selwyn123 Thread Starter BakGat

will upload more pics now now :)

4. Seabass

Seabass

Very nice progress made and the sps are looking really good. How it your frag tank coming along.

5. JohnDoe

JohnDoe

Good work, we all still learn every day :)

6. Selwyn123

Selwyn123 Thread Starter BakGat

Thanks Seabass, the frag tank is on hold as of now, Matric is just a bit too much to handle along with water changes and tank monitoring especially as the other tank is in the wendy house outside. I think next year will be better as i will have more time, one tank is enough to keep me happy for now. :p

I fully agree JohnD, one never knows it all, everyday is a new challenge, but at least it benefits me as i am going to study zoology and am specializing in marine sciences so no lesson learn't is a waste :)

Recent Posts