Frogspawn & Tubeworm

Reaction score
Will a Frogspawn Coral get aggressive with tubeworm - big feather type ?

Mine are relatively close and so far so good, but hey, maybe not close enough that it will burn the worm.... rather wait for the pro's.

i have hade tube worms move to diffrent parts of my tanks meany times they crawl out and go build a new tube somwhere els so i dont see a problem here

i have hade tube worms move to diffrent parts of my tanks meany times they crawl out and go build a new tube somwhere els so i dont see a problem here

Very true, but the tube worm will have been stressed to hell before it moves, so best keep it stress free by not placing it in danger or being stung first.

Hi Warr - and others - I have a tube/feather-worm that lives in a piece of rock that is covered by porites. This piece of rock is right next to my gorgonia coral. Now, I know that a gorgonia is not a LPS, but in theory the same principle apply.

I think that the tube-worm will most likely extend it's tube (build it up) to a point where it would be "past the point of irritation". I do not think that the coral would "burn" the tube/feather-worm, but, it might irritate it.....

Corals "sting"/"burn" other corals as they see other corals as invaders. I am nearly sure that feather-worms will not fall into this category.....

Back
Top Bottom