Frogspawn not opening

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by Slims, 9 Dec 2015.

1. Slims

Slims

Hi. I have added 2 Tunze pumps to my DT to increase flow. A day later , some parts of one of my frogspawn corals is not opening properly. Is this related to the increased flow?

image.jpeg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. EFJ

EFJ MASA Contributor

It could also be related to your algae bloom that you have posted in another thread. Could also be reacting to your new globes and maybe adjusting to the new flow pattern. My logical guess would be that it is linked to your algae bloom. Check water parameters.

4. EFJ

EFJ MASA Contributor

It could also be related to your algae bloom that you have posted in another thread. Could also be reacting to your new globes and maybe adjusting to the new flow pattern. My logical guess would be that it is linked to your algae bloom. Check water parameters.

5. Apollo

Apollo

Slims,

How much flow do you currently have in your tank ?
    As you have recently added additional flow pumps, my first guess would be that the frogspawn is being blasted a bit and has not had time to adjust as EFJ has mentioned.
    The frogspawn would prefer gently swaying in the current and not having its polyps "flattened" by the current.

From the pic though it appears that most of the heads are open and seem to be OK. It is quite normal for some of the heads to retract or not extend fully. I had this with my torch coral as well. The Euphyllia species are sometimes a bit temperamental.
    I wouldn't panic just yet. Just observe the coral over the next few days, paying particular attention to the amount of flow being directed at the coral.

Recent Posts