Frogspawn losing tentacles

Reaction score
I've got a slight problem, my frogspawn on two of its heads have lost most of its tentacles and looks like those two heads are bleaching, I had my light off for couple days because I had a bit of cyano, could having the light off have caused this? I've turn the light back on today, today is also water change day and going to try vacuum the last bit of cyano out.

There are still some tentacles on the two heads, so would like to try and rejuvenate the two heads, the other heads are perfect.

All my corals now look to be taking strain today... Haven't added anything to the tank besides a cleaner shrimp over the weekend...

Last edited:
Have you looked for signs of brown jelly disease?

The two frogspawn heads that lost pretty much all their tentacles, in the center there is some brownish thing but it's quite small and doesn't look as big the ones I googled. It's only in the center nowhere else. It could be brown jelly disease as you say, a friend is going to come over to try help, if he gets a chance. Would this put strain on my xenia and brain coral? because they don't have any sign of it yet they aren't too happy either, I decided to do a big water change because I wasn't sure what Happened, my two clowns are behaving normally by the way.

Last edited:
I'm trying to take pictures but getting it to focus is difficult, will try with a different camera, 3 days.

Actually busy testing that now, not sure how accurate they will reflect because I did a waterchange like 2hrs ago

Try a turkey baster on the "brown thing". If it brown jelly it will "melt" into the water. Run some carbon as well as the water change. What is your water temperature?

Will give that a try, thanks. The temperature is currently 28.7 degrees Celsius (it's a little nano tank), still waiting for test results, and will also take pictures once I find a better camera.

Sho my readings have gone up since last time, ammonia looks to be 0.2, nitrite 0.05 and I'm struggling to determine the nitrates because of the lighting could be 10 or 20, I failed to do water changes these past two weeks due to college taking up time. I've already put stability and AmGuard in.

I'll check PH and alkaline now, I dosed alkaline on Monday as part of my routine, will see what the tests say.

So these are the best photos I could get, tried with a different camera, at different distances and angles with two different lenses...

MOS_0286_zpsn7diflmn.jpg

MOS_0284_zps7kpfwkjc.jpg

MOS_0283_zpskdwssr21.jpg

MOS_0282_zpsrazydgvk.jpg

The heads that are dead came like that when I bought the coral, didn't happen in my tank or anything.

The only thing I had was a syringe, decided to try pull it into the syringe and now it definitely looks like brown jelly disease to me, will try upload a photo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom