Frog spawn

Reaction score
I got myself a frogspawn today, how much light does it need ?? Will post some photos later

awsome corals i had mine for 10 years + and theres still the odd pieces from the origional parent around east london..... i placed mine high up under my 150w hailides (13K aquamedic) and had such growth that the "heads" on the sides soon became shadowed and needed to be fragged....

frag this coral if you see te above hapening as the heads seem to wither and die if not enough light is recieved....

exellent coral very easy and very rewarding if parametres are kept up to scrath.... mine seemed to do better with almost slight to no flow over the top of it.....

enjoy...

frogspawn can be place almost anywhere in the tank as long as theres not high flow aorund it

Last edited:
i did but just check your lighting compared to your LFS's dont shock it too much...... perhaps position lw at first and gradually move higher...

oh another thing when i fragged mine the first time, as i broke the "branch" it dispersed hundreds of stinging heads (i think due to te sudden shake/break motion) which stuck to my other coral and arm and stung like hell..... timid but can have a powerful sting....

Sorry Carl !!!

I can only offer a very blur photo at the moment, Will take some tomorrow morning.

EditNewCorals001.jpg

and a close'up

EditNewCorals005.jpg

Could take a few days to open completly, it will open a few mm's more everyday, leave hugh spaces around this coral fairly aggresive.

Thanks Alan, I will move the other corals away from it.

Carl I bought it from Sterlig Fishworld

tht coral looks like its going to have about a 15-20cm diametre raduis opening area....

oh fragged some frogspawn this evening and i got stung again....

Back
Top Bottom