Frog Spawn, what is the correct positioning?

Reaction score
Just bought some frogspawn coral.

I was told it could be placed around the middle level of the tank. How does it deal with current?

Hi Matt - not too good - frogspawn/torch coral/hammer coral etc, all prefer low to medium current - not TOO much, but not TOO little either.... So - there must be SOME flow, but not too much. You can have your frogspawn on the lowest levels of the tank as well, if you prefer (that's where mine is)....

Agree with Jacques, Gentle to medium flow, not touching anything else as they are aggressive and have long sweeper tentacles.

Middle to bottom

Well at the moment it seems like maybe the M620 in my tank is providing too much current for these guys? I've got one in the middle and one of the bottom while I still decide where to place them.

Would a FTS help give advice?

Well at the moment it seems like maybe the M620 in my tank is providing too much current for these guys? I've got one in the middle and one of the bottom while I still decide where to place them.

Would a FTS help give advice?

bounce the flow off a pane of glass should be fine

Full tank shot
1-5.jpg

Placed in middle of tank
4-2.jpg

Placed on bottom of tank (temporary placement)
3-3.jpg

2-5.jpg

I bought some Aquascape construction epoxy (the one that is purple like coraline), but dont want to use it until I know the corals are in a position that'll suite

they should be fine they must just be secure

So I can go ahead and epoxy them in place? I'm off to work now (until 8) so i'll have to secure them later tonight

glue the to smaller rocks that will keep them in place so you can move them later

Hi Matt - yes - that's fine - as long as the frogspawn's tentacles looks like it is flying off to once side like a HUGE wind blowing ;-)

talking about that is Ok for a sarco to have the HUGE wind blowing thing ?

Hi Matt - yes - that's fine - as long as the frogspawn's tentacles looks like it is flying off to once side like a HUGE wind blowing ;-)

Well the tentacles are all blowing in he same direction, not too sure it looks like a huge wind blowing tho ;)

Back
Top Bottom