Fragging a Monti

Reaction score
Ok I need to remove the green monti from the encrusting's piece of rock.

I understand the cutting part. Any precautions when doing this, as I don't want to bleach the Monti.

52848e78da78f037.jpg

Thanks :), last Q. Any suggestions on how I can keep that entire plate intact ?

Good luck with that warr ;)

Would be very hard to ensure you don't break it in my opinion. Even if you do, just stick the frags close together the coral will look a stunner once its grown out!

Any particular time of the photoperiod goodtime to frag. At the moment I am running 12 noon lighting

Warr: I have no knowledge on this but the way the guys were fragging corals at Imacsa i'm assuming most corals are tougher than we presume ;)

Wow I got lucky, got the whole monti off with only a small piece breaking.

52848e7b12117976.jpg

52848e7b13432a51.jpg

but to express how hardy these corals are we literally pulverised a monti with a hammer leaving only chips of about 5mm in diam.. we shoved these into rocks with small holes (did not use anything to attach) and they grew out beautifully over the next 6 months...

i enjoy fragging corals into as small a pieces as possible so that when they grow out again they mould into their enviroment... it just looks more natural...

yip i also did that with a 5 -6mm piece, can't believe how quick they stick to a rock without glue or putty(i wanted to put it on a piece of frag plug but couldn't get the frag out the hole)

Very very lucky that you only broke a small piece off, I used to just look at my monti and the thing would break. :(

:arghh::arghh:my clown a piece of LR that a placed above my nennie into the air and it down onto my monti, 4monhs of growth down the drain :(

damn clown:mad:(that rock is heavy can't believe he managed to swim it up)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom