Frag Section Please

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by vatso, 2 Jun 2010.

1. vatso

vatso

Hi there

can we have a frag section please. I know we have for sale section but one for frags only & can we make the rule that one does not need a pic to post.

This will let us all know who has some frags & what they are.

Buyers don't have to buy anything if after looking at the frag if they not happy or can request a pic of said frag.

okay now that I have posted so long - I am looking for some new SPS frags. My Current SPS is doing very well & would like to add to my collection.

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dikdaan

Dikdaan

I think a frag section will be a good idea, but still think that pics will be needed...Gr8 idea!!!

4. maj

maj

i 2nd that a pic must be loaded

5. vatso

vatso Thread Starter

The issue with pics is that people don't always have a camera ready or have many frags. I would rather just know what's for sale.

The Buyer can then request a pic & if the seller really wants to sell he will put up pics.

for general sales a pic is a great idea but a frag is just that. there should be some rule on what a frag is. IE mounted or not, size, color stuff like that.

Lets just get it started and take it from there else by the time we start this is will just be another dead idea.

there is already a SA frag site but it does not work why??

6. robertkukla

robertkukla

i agree but pics are a must

7. JD167

JD167

Agreed, pics are a must. We don't need people complaining on the forum that someone cheated them on something as silly as frags. You won't buy a car you've never seen.

8. vatso

vatso Thread Starter

why don't we then force the sponsors to do the same?

they post stock they have landed & then we go look if we interested. the buyer is part of the sale & has rights as well as can request for a pic they do not have to buy yes?

but who am I? I just see how well the for sale section is doing ;)

9. Anemone

Anemone

That would be a lot of work for the sponsor IMO. If you want to sell/buy frags without pictures, why not do it at a local club meeting?

10. Boegie

Boegie

Good idea. I am looking for frags in East London.

11. vatso

vatso Thread Starter

We already are doing that but some times we don't have as many club meets as we would like as well the frag guys don't always make the meetings.

the idea is to just get a list of people who do sell frags at this point there is nothing

12. Dale6

Dale6

i agree with vatso,if u interested then u can pm that guy for frags and get pics!others are just wanting more pics to look at :p.if you have pics of your frags then post but not everyone has dedicated frag set ups!

13. PeterL

PeterL

This is very debatable subject which could go on for a very long time in fact and still go nowhere.

IMO, if someone is selling something, sure, it can go into a frag specific section of the for sale section - a nice to have but not really specifically required, but I feel a photo will draw more attention for the seller and should somone want a frag, they have an opportunity to view the frag in question which elliminates 101 questions for the seller and also frustration for the buyer in waiting sometimes a day or two for a simple response only to have another question, all because of a lack of visual aid in the advertising.

Buying a frag isn't as simple or clear cut as - "I am selling a zoe frag for R30 or R50 or whatever"...What zoe is it, what color is it, what size is it and the list of questions go on - of which is all answered in a single pic.

The sponsors are displaying by name only based on being a sponsor and it is merely a rudamentory advertising platform for them. If this was the only advertising platform, I am sure that you would have more of a global advert from them and not a listing. They are also selling a large list of items which is an administrative nightmare for them to post 60 pics or more in some cases.

As an individual, to take 1 pic with your cell or 4 or 5 for that matter is not as problematic. Simply put - the item is for sale and it will fall within the for sale items, then it falls under the ruling of the items for sale - Viper and who ever else involved has gone down this road in detail and based on previous probelms with not having any pics have made their ruling and I fully agree with it.

If you can PM a pic to a potential buyer if they want to see it, you can also post a pic...M2CW

viper357 likes this.
  14. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Yip, unless the rules are changed - pics it will be...when anything is for sale :)

15. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

If you want R100 for something, you can break that little bit of sweat, get the camera out and take a pic. Are you sooooo lazy?

And we blame the youth for being lazy;).

Recent Posts