foxface sick need advice plz

Reaction score
hey everybody my foxface doesnt look good but i dont know whats wrong with him can someone plz help ID the problem

ourmarinetank001.jpg

ourmarinetank002.jpg

ourmarinetank003.jpg

ourmarinetank004-1.jpg

Jay, im not going to venture out on a limb but mine also did that (gave him to my boet and still alive and happy)..they are masters of camoflage & changing coulors,

How long has it been like this, have u changed anything (mine used to go this way after large WC etc)

hi jay. the foxfaces frequently change colour. from the bright yellow to the dull colours on a whim. if it is this changing colours it isn't a problem, i don't think you have anythin to worry about.
Posted via Mobile Device

but its breathing fast and he has like spots on hes body but doesnt look like white spot and hes not eating and hes been like this since yesterday

how long has he been with you? it could just be stress. it explains the symptoms, and you could possibly have whitespot if there are white spots. if it is it won't clear over night. maybe just wait for people who've kept them before and know for sure as i'm only giving my opinion here
Posted via Mobile Device

ive had it 4 abt 5, 6 months now and i dunno it doesnt look like white spot and hes balance is off

I don't think your fish has a prolem..i've one around 3" long and about a month old in my tank... all i can say is, foxface has the tremendous ability to camouflage itself to its environment.

Mine also changes colour and breathes like mad. They change colour to camouflage at night or when scared. They are very hardy fish. Just feed him well

He is stressed. Feed him lots of food laced with drops of freshly squeezed garlic. They are hardy fishies and yours still has some fat. He loves Nori as well, drip 4 drops of garlic on it and pre-wet it with RO..

Garlic drops: Peel a head of Garlic, Liquidize in a glass with a quarter cup of RO. Sieve in a tea strainer and keep 1/4 of the juice in the fridge and the rest in the freezer as it does go off.. You will smell it when it does. LOL!

They become dark and mottled when they are scared, sleepy, upset. And bright yellow when happy.. Mine is always hungry, and quite a friendly fish.

Good luck.. Tagging along to see what happens.

Oh ja and if it is stressed it also swims tail down.

What other fish have you got - are his companions not bugging him?
Any changes in water peramiters?
They all do that as a usual defense and almost go white/black like a Zebra. But if he is continually doing it he is too stressed - tank size - a fury crab trying to get him etc etc.
Too much stress will end up in white spot and possibly the demise so it is important to source the problem.

eish its sad he was the 1st fish in the tank and now hes gone :( but i dont think it could have been WS maybe gill and fin flukes?

Back
Top Bottom