Urgent help needed foxface not looking good

Reaction score
Just got a new foxface, dripped for 2 hours and introduced to the display.

I'm a bit worried though, at first it got those brown spots when they are stressed and now but he's in the back corner of the tank looking a bit weak and not moving much. Spikes are raised aswell.

Checked all tge parameters,

Nitrats are 0
Po 4 is 0
Ph 8.4
Kh 9
Cal 430

Other inmates,

2 percula,s

5 chromis

Hermits, cleaner shrimp and some turbo's.

Almost like he cant breath.

Water has tons of surface atigation aswell....

Help me out

Foxfaces are pretty hardy, I'm sure he's just very nervous with his new surroundings, the change in markings is quite common, they also do this every night when they sleep, they also like to 'huddle' up to something when they sleep. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

How did he look in the shop?

He is now up against a rock.

Was lively in the shop, colours were bright no signs of spot etc, also they fed him some brine and he was too eager to munch away.

Overall healthy imo.

I think you're right, he's doing pretty much everything you said, huddling and all.

Thanks a million, I don't know who's freaking out more, me or the fox :p

Last edited:
lol. He'll be fine I reckon, switch the tank lights off, leave the moonlights on all night (if you've got), by the morning he should be showing off his colours nicely.

They do that when stressed or going to sleep. He will be fine, just give him time to settle. Mine sometimes look like a rotten banana!

Foxfaces are pretty hardy, I'm sure he's just very nervous with his new surroundings, the change in markings is quite common, they also do this every night when they sleep, they also like to 'huddle' up to something when they sleep. I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

How did he look in the shop?

+1.

Yup, Nothing to worry about, my one does the same thing...
and at night it wraps around the leather and looks like he has been in a fight lol :) haha

Thanks guys!

I can report that he's looking tons better, not like a rotten banana like SomethingFishy said, :D

He's still hiding behind some rocks, taking sneak peaks of the area, will wait for high all the lights to kick in before I try to feed. :lol: maybe some brine :)

Great that he's looking better!

Mine does the same thing, huddles next to a rock, camo coloured, with all his fins up when he's startled, but then he comes out again shortly afterwards when he sees the coast is clear. He does seem to get startled quite easily though.

Very personable fish. He's always in my face when I'm close to the tank, and I can't seem to take any photographs without at least some part of him in the photo.

Last edited:
Freakin awsome fish. Mine also took a week to eat properly(needless to say, he devoured almost all the marine mix once he started)
Camo colors looks awsome at night, and I love it when he pulled his ass in a notch...
Loved mine...

Back
Top Bottom