Fowlr?

Reaction score
Hi guys I will be starting a 2m within the next 3 months. The planned setup is as follow:

2000x600x600 Display
4Ft sump
3x 150w MH's
20000Lph Polario
Octx 200 Skimmer
Playsand substrate
3x 300w Heaters
Po4 Reactor
DSB
2x 1800 LPH returns each on it's own manifold

Here is a sketch of the planned tank

76048c82a3126731.jpg

At first I wanted to move my existing lifestock from the 4ft over here, but I think I might just start a whole new setup... Planned lifestock inspired by a book by John Tullock is as follow:

Fish
Queen Angel (Holocanthus Ciliaris)
French Angel (Pomacanthus Paru)
Blue Chromis x3(Chromis Cyanea)
Atlantic blue tang (Acanthurus Caeruleus)
Thallasoma Bifasciatum- small harem( Males are the blueheaded fairy wrasse and females the bananna wrasse)

Invertabrates
Turbo Snails x5
Brittle stars x2
Boxer Shrimp x2

Seaweeds
Halimeda x6 clumps
Caulerpa x1 clump (Will prune regularly)
Pennicillus x6

Please feel free to give any suggestions as well as comment on the availability of the listed species.

that tank will look great with those macro algae's:thumbup:

remember to dose tank with ca for the halmeda and two times a week of iodine( then they will grow big...big and multiply as crazy)

love the fish collection;)

looks great. but the atlantic or caribean blue will out grow the tank, they get huge.

you can and more to you cuc

x5 snails
x2 bristle stars this is what i have in my 1.2m tank

rather go for x20 snails and x4 stars

Thanks Lanzo! Want to DIY myself a proper Kalkstirrer and auto top-up as well! Will dose iodine and check CA levels regularly and keep it on proper levels. The key to this tank will be simplicity toward decor (no corals, simple aquascaping and just the addition of certain macro- algae) will let the collection of beautiful fish steal the show!:thumbup:

Thanks Lanzo! Want to DIY myself a proper Kalkstirrer and auto top-up as well! Will dose iodine and check CA levels regularly and keep it on proper levels. The key to this tank will be simplicity toward decorations (no corals, simple aquascaping and just the addition of certain macro- algae) will let the collection of beautiful fish steal the show!:thumbup:

well this tank will certainly do that for you man:thumbup:, good luck with the build;)

looks great. but the atlantic or caribean blue will out grow the tank, they get huge.

Thanks, will maybe substitude with a purple tang...

Will consider thanks Lanzo! Yip Scuba, just hope that I will be able to get one soon...

Thanx Wee-Man, don't think I will be able to go to sleep now!!:)

Would definitely be interesting... just will have to do my homework before adding the angels! I like the shimmering effect as well as lower maintenance of the MH's, but I guess I could add about 4 T5's between the MH's to aid in light spread. Would that work in your opinion or must I go for 8x T5's? Imo 8x will be sufficient as I'm not going to add corals.

I see Queen angels could be hard to keep, in what respect would that be? I want her to steal the show so without her this will fail and that is not a option!!:) Any special requirements I must keep in mind when planning the setup?

Ok. so here are a few picks of the beauts:

The Queen of the palace:)
76048c8f4d9c6a2b.jpg

The Frenchman
76048c8f5913a1d3.jpg

The Blue tang
76048c8f5cdc5bbc.jpg

Blue Chromis
76048c8f644b471f.jpg

And finally the Blue-headed Wrasse

76048c8f8094b5ab.jpg

Get one big Lion fish and 100 damsels, then he can munch away on those evil little fish :whistling: :whistling:

Get one big Lion fish and 100 damsels, then he can munch away on those evil little fish :whistling: :whistling:

Every tank needs a few foxterriers, not a doberman!!:lol::lol:

Eish those blue headed wrasse look spectacular.All the best.

Hope you've got an budget for those angels. Some good news, I might be able to source a purple tang for you

Back
Top Bottom