Forum Tools

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by viper357, 20 Nov 2007.

1. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Hi all

Just a quick one to remind the old members and also to inform the new members of some of the basic features of the forum which are available for your use.

First off is the Report Post icon, by clicking on this icon you can report spam, advertising messages and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. All of the moderators will be automatically informed of this so that the necessary action may be taken.

report.jpg

Secondly is the Infraction icon. This can be used in extreme cases whereby a serious violation has taken place such as a personal attack or defamatory posts about other members or religion etc. If a user get's multiple infractions he/she is automatically banned by the system for a pre-determined period. These reports are scrutinised and monitored by the moderators and are not taken lightly.

infraction.jpg

Thirdly (it's getting to the good stuff now) is the Rate Thread tool, if you are reading a thread and you think it is a very good thread which deserves to be highlighted for it's content, then please click on the heading and rate the thread.

thread.jpg

Fourthly is the Seller Rating system, this system affords the members the opportunity to rate their buying or selling experience with another member or sponsor, be it negative or positive. It is based on the e-bay style rating system and all ratings are viewable by all members.

itrader.jpg

Last but not least is the Reputation System. This is those little green blocks you see under each members name, the more blocks they have indicates the more positive reputations they have received. How this works is if a member makes a very helpful or informative post then you have a way of saying 'thanks for that' by giving them a positive reputation. A nice way of showing your appreciation for the effort they have put in and also for other members to see that this particular person is very helpful and informative. You may also give a negative reputation should you feel they rightly deserve it.

rep.jpg

We urge you to make use of all of these tools available to you, do not be scared to try them out, or anything else on the forum for that matter, you can't break the forum by fiddling with it, you can only make your browsing experience that much better. To those of you that have been using these systems, thank you for using them responsibly, we are very pleased with the positive responses we have had.

All of these systems are monitored by the moderators for abuse and we are happy to say that we have had only one or two instances of "abuse", if I can call it that, it was more from members just trying out the tools than it was abuse, which is fine.

Please note that any negative or malicious use of these systems can be reversed by the moderators, so should you feel you have been unfairly treated, contact a mod and they will look into it for you.

Most importantly, if in doubt or if you need any help with anything or any feature of the forum, please ask one of us (or start a thread in this forum), we will be more than glad to help you. Also if you have any suggestions for features you would like to see implemented on this forum, ask us, we will gladly look into it. This forum is geared around our members, we will do whatever we can to ensure your experience on this forum is indeed a pleasant one.

Best regards and happy posting.

report.jpg

infraction.jpg

thread.jpg

itrader.jpg

rep.jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Just out of interest, if one believed a mod is using ones avatar, for his own personal gain, to whom should one report to?

Purely hypothetically of course:whistling:

4. viper357

viper357 Thread Starter Admin MASA Contributor

All complaints must be submitted in triplicate...I keep telling you this.

[​IMG]

5. DragonReef

DragonReef

:lol: Wee Man, start demanding royalties..

6. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Actually, it's good enough to know that he has left the country...i assume that it wasn't at the request of the local junior school, but rumours do still linger;)

7. DragonReef

DragonReef

:lol: :lol: :lol:

8. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Hey Antony, how long does he need for a witty retort?

9. humz

humz

tanx dean

10. DragonReef

DragonReef

A while, clearly..

11. Mekaeel

Mekaeel Moderator MASA Contributor

nice

12. Mekaeel

:welcometomasa:
    someones gotta do something about this

13. viper357

viper357 Thread Starter Admin MASA Contributor

lol, there's a couple of others you can use, we'll keep the clown and his flowers for the ladies that join :)

14. Tridan

Tridan

Hey dude i am trying but these bulltes just dont wanna kill IT

killkanga :welcometomasa:

15. Mekaeel

lol @ Tridan

16. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

And of course our best feature is the smilies... How can you go wrong with smilies like these?

:33: :16: :icon_bs: :willy_nilly: :29: :googlenub: :beatdeadhorse5: :Randy-git: :46:

17. Mekaeel

is that your work Rory ? lol

18. Kanga

Kanga Retired Moderator MASA Contributor

Rory you forgot killkanga

19. Rory

Rory Admin MASA Contributor

I was pointing out the less used ones, the one called "kill kanga" is already pretty popular ;)

I love that first one, the dude reading his paper and his expression after a visit from A.N.G.R.Y.

20. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

My personal favourites;-:1: :8: :stupid: :cheers2: :euro: this ones for viper :finger:

21. Mike

Mike Retired Moderator

Hi all, i just noticed that my reputation has grown, the comments left by other members are anonymous, so i would like to take the opportunity to thank those kind folk publically for their very kind words, i am honestly highly delighted with such a response to my small imput.
    The forum i use in the UK doesn't have this, but i hope you don't mind if i suggest they do.

Again, thanks folks, you've made my weekend start rather nicely.:wave2:

Recent Posts