Forum Gurus road trip

Reaction score
Had this idea in my head for some time now:

I know it is not always practical, but it seems that every one of us -reefers, newbies etc, has problems with their setups at least a couple of times a year. I know the Forum is here to help us with these problems, but the pics and questions we post, does not always reflect what the Gurus really need to see.

I just thought that maybe when the Gurus can visit the guys's tanks and see first hand what is going on, maybe then we'll have better flow in certain corners; lighting problems sorted etc etc.

I know there is money involved- price of fuel, accommodation, food etc, But is there not a way that the Forum can "support" these trips by means of raising money etc etc??

If you look at any of the Guru's tanks, it is actually amazing, and in each province there is at least 01 Guru.

Will definately be a first around our Country, and I really think it will up the Member Numbers...

Please respond.......

not a bad idea, the only problem will be costs as you stated.

others wise could be pretty succesful to learn something in person and have them show you in person.

Are you volunteering to come fix my tank then?

Gaz, look at the Gurus setups and you'll see what I mean, it's really amazing.... we all strive for that, and I bet they have meters and gadgets better than the ones we have to test basically everything involved in a setup. (Otherwise Masa can buy them the right gadgets...;))

Sheesh you think MASA is made of money hey :p I do like they idea. Would have to get some serious support from the sponsors though...

sounds great Sean!i guess cost is gonna be problem here

Well, why not just invite one or two to visit... I'm sure that most will jump to it if at all possible, especially if you throw in a deep sea fishing trip :) :) :)

Hennie

Hennie, it can be arranged....

If this idea can come off the ground, it must be in a "Formal" way- Bookings etc, so that this idea does not die off in a couple of months time...

hennie, you need to do a road trip to pta, and help us here.:whistling:

Naaa, no deep sea fishing in Pretoria :whistling:

Seriously, though, I would love to visit with you guys, TIME is just a problem - Sean will know, I'm also in construction, and we never stop working :(

Hennie

Lol, Sean is also in construction, haven't you seen his tank thread? :p

Sean, I will be with you Saturday the 14th, and leaving on Sunday, am bringing a lady friend with, is that cool?

Will try my best to get Alan and Anthony there as well.

Back
Top Bottom