Forum Features

Discussion in 'Forum Suggestions and Feedback' started by viper357, 28 Nov 2015.

1. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Hi all

I thought I would make a list of new features that are available on the new forum software, I will update this post as and when new features become available. Likewise, if you come across something new then let us know in this thread as I have a lot to learn about the software as well. :)

PM's (Private Messages) are called conversations: You may now add up to 5 people to a PM (conversation), thus turning it into a small private group chat;

You may drag and drop images from your pc into the Quick Reply box and the image will automatically be uploaded and inserted into the post. I love this. :p ;

A lot of the menu's are activated when hovering over them with your mouse, just wait a second or two and the menu will appear;

Alerts: These are things that notify you whenever you get quoted, tagged messaged etc.

Watching: You can now "watch" threads and forums without posting in them. For example, a lot of people wanted to subscribe to a single forum like the Livestock For Sale forum, you can now do this by "watching" the forum, you will then be emailed, I think instantly, whenever a new thread is posted in there.

Drafts: When posting a message, a draft is saved every 60 seconds, in case your browser crashes or something you can recover your long winded post. :p

Smilies: When clicking on the smilie icon, there is now different categories/menu's to click on which will show you different sets of smilies.

Upload cover photo's for your profile, like facebook.

That's all I can think of for now, if I've missed something feel free to mention it, or ask questions about the new features. :)

Last edited: 29 Nov 2015
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Thread Starter Admin MASA Contributor

Oh yes, uploading photo's, you can upload 5 photo's at a time I think. Also if you click on "upload a file" you can take a photo with your phone and it will upload it straight to the forum, kinda like facebook style, almost. :p

When using your phone to upload images you must click on Documents to get to your gallery.

File size limit is 4MBper photo for uploading.

4. Goby

Goby

viper357 . Thanks for the forum upgrade. It's already looking much better. Already enjoying the new features. Well done! may i suggest giving MASA a new LOGO too ;). And it would be nice if every member can have an avatar. Please guys and gals get one! Lets get rid of the ? ;).

5. viper357

Thanks Goby. :)

Yeah, it could probably do with an upgrade as well, lol. Any graphic designers out there? I was thinking maybe something along the whole top of the page? A bit like these guys have done - REEF2REEF Saltwater and Reef Aquarium Forum

Agreed :thumbup:

Goby likes this.
  6. Goby

Goby

Gr8 idea on the logo. :thumbup:

Last edited: 28 Nov 2015
  7. viper357

You can now upload, and reposition, cover photo's for your profile, similar to facebook cover photo's. Example on my profile - viper357

After uploading a pic you can then reposition it if you want.

8. RiaanP

RiaanP Moderator

There are so many cool little things. Simple things like the red "new" at the right of new posts in threads you already seen.

Just seen another one. When you get a notification, the tab on top of your browser got a little red counter of number of notices, be it quotes or what else. Nice...
    and without refreshing pages. If you got 5 MASA tabs open, they all show you the counter. :slayer:

Forum looks a lot more as if it belongs in the second decade on the new millennium. :thumbup:

viper357 likes this.
Recent Posts