Foreign Funds Fundis

Discussion in 'The Sump' started by chikaboo, 7 Jul 2013.

1. chikaboo

chikaboo

mmmmm. ..... Where to begin ... Ok let me start with my stupidity .... About a month ago I was transfering about 10K to a suppliers account via EFT and put the money into the wrong persons account ... Someone that was on on my list of beneficiaries but I had not done business with in awhile .... By the next day when my supplier said they didnt get their money and I went into the banking history .... I realised my mistake and phoned the bank immediately .... They said no problem .... They can do a reversal provided they talk to the person where I put the money in ... Just to make sure I dont owe them that money ... Thats when the drama started ... That person no longer lives in SA ... It took us awhile to track him down in the UK and when I explained the situation to him he said he already used the funds up by swiping his VISA card there ..... Now he has agreed to pay me back in drips snd drabs but what would the most economical way of getting these funds back into my ABSA account ... He still has his ABSA acc VISA card with him but does not have internet banking facilities ... Said something about Western Union but said their fees like R250 a time when he used to receive funds from the UK ..... Any advice would be appreciated ....

Last edited: 7 Jul 2013
  2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. yuma girl

yuma girl

@chikaboo .... Kinda cheeky of that person to have used the funds up not knowing what those funds were doing in their account / asking their bank where the funds came from.... ;)

Good luck:p

Last edited by a moderator: 26 Nov 2015
  4. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Apparently they said they have no access to ABSA bank statements so they were just swiping their card away thinking anytime their funds they left in the account when they left SA 2 months ago would be finished but non of the retailers declined their swipes .... but I blame myself as well coz I think after me explaining about my mistake then only did they "swipe away" but also not right for me assume .... And the bank also wont tell me when they used the 10K up ... But what is done is done .. Just have to see the most economical way of getting it back ..

5. yuma girl

yuma girl

I work with international clients sending funds to our company all the time, one way we get refunds Or make refunds, and the cheapest way for us is for them to refund us on our company credit card. It's a lot cheaper than having funds transferred to a bank account. Hope this helps.

6. chikaboo

chikaboo Thread Starter

Thanx so much ... Will look into it ... I was also told to tell them to open a bank account in the UK
    And they must post the ATM card to me then keep putting money into the acc there and I can withdraw here .... But will also try the credit card route

7. williet

williet Look at the shiny LEDs!!!

Chicka i can organise you a dollat credit card from here. Inbox me!

Recent Posts