Forbes RSM250

Discussion in 'RSM Red Sea Max tanks' started by Forbes, 18 Jan 2014.

1. Forbes

Forbes

After five weeks our tank has almost cycled and I have inherited a Halimeda which was in the sand of the tank when I brought it home, and it has survived the whole cycling process, and is growing about two leaves a day. The other thing I inherited in the live rock, appears to be a Tube Worm, but it is so small and is at the back of the tank, so it is very difficult to identify. My tank also has a lot of ‘Amphipod or copepods’ I hope in it (Pics attached.) I had to use a magnifying glass and my cell phone camera on zoom to get the pic. Excuse the algi I have left it for the CUC.
    I want to finalise my CUC, and after having read numerous posts and articles available, I have listed below what I would like to put in the tank to start with.
    1. Snails – Trochus x 2, Nerite x 2 Cerith Dwarf x 2
    2. Crabs – Hermit Crab Red / Blue Legged x 1
    3. Shrimps – Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp ( Lysmata debelius) x 2, Scarlet Cleaner Shrimp (Lysmata amboinensis) x 2
    I have not included for a starfish at this point in time as I read an article which suggested that the tank should have settled a bit before adding them. I would like to add an Anemone Crab or Shrimp later on as well as two clowns (when the tank has really settled).
    Other than that, I have not decided what to stock the tank with yet. One step at a time. My question is can I add the above in one go (assuming I can buy the stock from our LFS, or must I add two or three at a time.

RSM250.jpg

Tubeworm.jpg

Copepods.jpg

Halmeda .jpg

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Afinta

Afinta Back 2 FW (", ) boooyaa!!

halimeda adds character but be carefull that it doesnt go sexual and its also an idication that your nutrients are high as halimeda dies off quickly if little to no nutrients are present

lovely tank btw and love the scape :thumbup:

4. Forbes

Forbes Thread Starter

Thanks for the compliment and the feedback, if there is any likelihood of it getting out of hand I would rather dump it before it becomes a problem.

5. Bendor

Bendor

+1 on the scaping. Looks bloody nice. With smaller fish your tank is going to look much bigger than it is.

6. Forbes

Forbes Thread Starter

Thanks, I am not planning on putting anything big in the tank, I would like to get small stuff and let it grow. I feel any big livestock will look out of proportion to the size of the tank.

Recent Posts