for the Seachem seagel guys

Discussion in 'Chemical Filtration / Low Nutrient Systems - LNS' started by sweetnsour, 17 Mar 2010.

1. sweetnsour

sweetnsour

sup reefers

ok so i got me some seachem seagel this weekend as Rowaphos was just too expensive. (which i have run out of thus the change)

ok so heres my question a rather easy one i hope.

im running it in my twolittle fishies reactor and would like to know from others experiance, does your media actually bubble ( ie show movement inside the reactor?)

reason for my quiestion is when i was using rowaphos it did , but with the seagel it doesnt seem to????

maybe i have put the sponge in the wrong place?

i put the sponge first then the plate with the inlet pipe then the media.

any advise?

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

It's generally recommended to use it in a filter bag instead of in a reactor, but not too serious. The slower the flow the better, so if it is not bubbling then it's fine, you can adjust it if you want so that just the top 1 or 2 cm's of the media are bubbling, but I think if you do that with the seagel then the 2 different media's will separate, although I doubt that will be a huge trainsmash.

I doubt the sponge/plate location will make much difference, everytime I strip mine to clean it I can never remember which goes where so I just put them back where they look pretty. :p

4. butcherman

butcherman Moderator MASA Contributor

i agree with viper Rowa Phos needs to be fluidised where as Seachem seagel is designed to be used in a filter bag so no need to fluidise it. but should work fine as your describing it now

5. sweetnsour

sweetnsour Thread Starter

thanks guys yeah it really isnt fluidised at the moment and was just wondering if im doing it right

Recent Posts