For sale suggestions

Reaction score
This is me, I am not fighting, just asking if it is possible to do it:

In future, is it possible for people selling livestock, to mention the size of the livestock they are selling, with regards to measuring with a ruler or compared to a matchbox/pencil or something.

Example 01: Coral frag (not specifying but generalising for this example) for sale:
Price: R250.00
Size: As big as an adults thumb or 10mm or 10cm etc
Colour: Pink/blue/yellow
Condition: Very healthy/ Poor/ In between/blue purple etc
Type: Lps/Sps/Softie/Zoo
Time spent in my system:01day/03months etc

Example 02: Fish for sale:
Price: R350.00
Size: 30mm (Juvenile)/ 100mm(adult)
Colour: blue/pink etc.
Condition: Healthy/Whitespot/Poor/Skinny
Type:Royal Gramma/Clownfish etc
Time spent in my setup: 05 days/ 06 months/ 02 years etc

I do think a lot of confusion will be done with as well as a lot of unneccessary questions.

That way the buyer can see what he/she buys and the seller can say that he did post all details prior to selling

Thank you

Admin, please answer if it is possible

I agree..
Also, if the guys can indicate if items are advertised elsewhere...

Sean, great idea, where did you steal it from:whistling:

:lol:

:lol: Just added on to the other rules, reason being, I am tired of getting screwed, and would rather see what I buy, unfortunately, I am not close to a Lfs and to physically see what I am buying over the internet is impossible (meaning you cannot judge size on a picture)

I am not Admin,:p but anyways.

Good Idea, just may be a problem as with current rules some don't adhere to them.
But I am sure with one or to warnings we could police it.

My2c

Good thing a member brought it up and not Mods or Admin.

Just delete the post if information is not shown. People will soon enough realise what to do...

It's difficult enough trying to get people to follow the current rules... Everyone takes it personally and argues when you delete a post. I think we might add that at some point.

Brilliant idea.
The same should apply to hardware ie. How old, been modified, whats broken and missing.....

Uery good idea Sean,that way we know exactly what we buying.What's the point of buying something that needs to be fixed.Shotto.

So do you guys want us to be hard assed and strict as hell about the for sale/swop forums? We can if you really want us to. Perhaps it will be in the best interests of the person wanting to buy the goods, especially seeing as we have had a couple of complaints about members and threads in the for sale forum.

I like it, be strict but exeptions can be made if agreed by Admins or Mods can be changed for a single individual on a individual thing?

So do you guys want us to be hard assed and strict as hell about the for sale/swop forums? We can if you really want us to. Perhaps it will be in the best interests of the person wanting to buy the goods, especially seeing as we have had a couple of complaints about members and threads in the for sale forum.

Yes Dean, be hard ass. It is the only way everyone can be on the safe side regarding buying and selling. How difficult can it be to type: Size, Condition etc. IF SOMEONE THEN COMPLAINS IF THE POST IS DELETED, THEN SURELY HE/SHE HAD HIDDEN AGENDAS WRT THE SALE...

I like it, be strict but exeptions can be made if agreed by Admins or Mods can be changed for a single individual on a individual thing?

No exceptions, mods and Admin will surely not delete posts that contains ALL the Criteria

I agree..
Also, if the guys can indicate if items are advertised elsewhere...
I agree with everything being said here!! And especially if the item is being advertised elsewhere in order to avoid frustration, etc...

Back
Top Bottom