For all you clever people!

Reaction score
Hey all!

So this is on my live rock... what is it???? :whistling: Thanx for the replies! :) T

4184842ec5bd1d85.jpg

Reaction score
Hey all!

So this is on my live rock... what is it???? :whistling: Thanx for the replies! :) T

4184842ec5bd1d85.jpg
It is good, don't worry about it, part of the LR, some sort of sponge/squirt, normally good for filtration. Seen loads on my rock.

Mike

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
It looks great! I'd put it in full view ;)
It is a sponge, the reason it grows on the underside of the rock is because it doesn't like the light, so you will harm it if you put it in view, leave alone and it will filter your water for food.

Reaction score
It is a sponge, the reason it grows on the underside of the rock is because it doesn't like the light, so you will harm it if you put it in view, leave alone and it will filter your water for food.
Yes, they don't like excessive light, but I've got a few sponges in full view (and some of them grew there out of their own accord) - you could put them at the ends where you don't have that much light, or under an overhang. Some of them make really interesting "patterns".

Reaction score
Warr, not to be argumentative... but I doubt that light necessarily hurts these things (I've had some grow under direct light). They do change color depending on lighting though (and that can be kinda fun to see). I've had some of mine go from white to orange when put under stronger lighting.