food

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by mitchel, 17 Jun 2012.

1. mitchel

mitchel

Morning has any one used new era food the marine grazer?i got some last week at the expo and evertime i feed the fish with it the water goes a bit milky and the skimmer stops skimming for a few hours.
    Maybe its the 9% fat content

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Very possible the fat content, I add a lipid vit formulae once a week to my food to my food and my skimmers stop producing bubbles for at least two hours.

4. crispin

crispin

ive seen a number of people talking about them on masa recently and doesnt seem to be causeing so much milkiness, but skimmers do slow down for a while. Not always eaten by the fish though.

5. pXius

pXius

Gmans thread has more info, last page

6. belindamotion

belindamotion Google Master

7. Helga

Helga

Hi Mitchel,
    We did discuss the grazer on gmans thread. I have had the same experience you are mentioning above. I cannot report on the nutritional value etc of the product as I am not an expert on the matter, but I can say the following:

My tangs go crazy for it but they do not manage to finish it quick enough which results in the grazer leaching cloudy (fatty) substances into the water for hours. Although not negative as it feeds the other inmates and corals in the tank, the problem I have is that it really influences my skimmer. (the skimmer drops for about 2 hours). What I had to do was to take it out when the fish lose interest. Wasting more than half of the grazer.

"in my opinion ;)", I think its just to big for my fish to finish it in one feeding, even though I have a lot of fish. Maybe the idea is, to not feed any other food at all on the day that you feed a grazer. Which would not work in my tank as I have other fish that have specific needs with regards to their food. I must say, it has a strong suction cup that is "Regal Tang proof", which I appreciate.

Maybe some of the other guys that also bought this product can report back on their experience as I would hate to just conclude the grazer as "negative".

8. mitchel

mitchel Thread Starter

thanks helga ya it takes all day for my regel.nasa,sailfin and powder blue to eat the food so im going to cut the food inot small peaces a feed small amounts at a time and see how that goes

Recent Posts