[SOLD] Fluval FX 5 - cape town

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanT

Dean
Reaction score
I have 2 Fluval FX5 in great condition, working perfectly.
All fittings and pipping is included.
I know they retail for R2,5 k .
Looking for 1500 each or closest offer.

I have been ruining these perfectly and the only reason for selling was a tank redo and I cannot incorporate them anymore

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359308345.412159.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359308345.412159.jpg

aaah crap...i just got a canister filter this weekend:banghead:..would have taken one from you for sure

I'm a noob, can you please explain how one would rig up one of these boikies? What do you put inside? What sort of pump would you need, or can you run it using gravity?

I am using a c1600 dolphin canister filter only to create water circulation and am utilising 2 of the 5 compartments for phosguard and matrix carbon ... One just needs to be very careful of muck build up in the canister itself and also , take my word for it , GET SPARE SEALS !!!

@RocketRooster
This is basically plug and play
Canisters have both filter section that sits inside tank and nozzles to return water into the tank
Will filter water as well and create flow
I think these are rated pretty high in terms of LPh

has baskets inside to put all filter media so does both physical and chemical filtration all in one

Last edited by a moderator:
@DeanT..how old are the filters and how noisy are they??what's your best price on one?provisional dibs pending reply..

Last edited by a moderator:
pumps are pretty quite , but there is a little running noise
filters need to be cleaned, but replaced media about 3 months ago , and usually do a quarterly clean.

i think prices are pretty fair, and not too desperate to get rid of them for the mean time , so will wait it out and see if i get a buyer at current prices

shipping from cpt to jhb is about 200 rand. ive got a 10kg shipment via post office from cape town recently. this is a very good buy if somebody snaches it

Happy to wait
Pumps are self priming
They run for about 1 minute then shutoff and then back on to prime themself

Great units and wouldn't sell if I had the space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom