Flushing RO Unit

I normally flush mine for a few minutes every time before I use it, switch it on, make a cup of coffee, go for a wee-wee then come back and close the bypass valve.

RO's with new filters and membranes however need much longer flushing time.

yip or you can do what viper does.;)

just rember to flush a new ro unit without the membrane and then fit the membrane after flushing( this is to get most of the particals out of the micron filter and carbon into the drain and not into the membrane)

Is the coffee and wee wee compulsory or will it work with skipping these, I take it if your unit is very dirty then you have a cupachino and a #2???

lol @ Martin :tt2:

The amount of times I have switched the RO on, start flushing it, then 3 hours later realise OMG, the RO unit is still flushing....needless to say the RO drum has got 1 litre of water in it and the swimming pool is almost overflowing. :p

lol @ Martin :tt2:

The amount of times I have switched the RO on, start flushing it, then 3 hours later realise OMG, the RO unit is still flushing....needless to say the RO drum has got 1 litre of water in it and the swimming pool is almost overflowing. :p

thats if yoremember it the same ay.. i ustoforget mine overnight... could fill a swimming pool:)

Back
Top Bottom