Urgent help needed flukes

Discussion in 'Urgent Help Needed' started by FrikkieVanDieVrystaat, 30 Apr 2015.

1. FrikkieVanDieVrystaat

FrikkieVanDieVrystaat

Hey guys, i noticed this evening that my coral beauty angel has a single fluke on his lip, other tank inhabitants are two clowns, a yellow clown goby, and a copper band butterfly... I only have a 10 gal quarantine so my fish will not fit.. Where can i find praziquantel powder?? I know prazipro is available on wantitall but i fear it will be too late when it finally arrives. My display tank is 700 litres and is a fowlr.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Flukes are very difficult to see on a fish. There are two types. Ones that occur on gills and others on the scales. The ones on scales are translucent and will fall off in fresh water bath. We will need a picture. Praziquental is only obtainable via your GP in tablet form and needs to be crushed and then dissolved in a little alcohol or mixed into frozen food. The liquid form is called maxilint and can only be obtained from a vet. Many don't get it as it used for cattle and not cats and dogs.
    It sounds like you could have lymphocytis as they form nodules on the lips of fish. Like I said, we need a picture.

Nemos Janitor likes this.
  4. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

The generic name for praziquental from your GP is called Billitrin. You get it in 600mg and 300mg tablets. Forgot to mention this detail.

5. Nemos Janitor

Nemos Janitor

Last edited: 1 May 2015
    carlosdeandrade likes this.
  6. carlosdeandrade

carlosdeandrade

Seachem make Metronidozole, use together with focus to make more palatable when feeding.

Nemos Janitor likes this.
Recent Posts