Fluidised filter

herkie

R.I.P.
Reaction score
Please post some links to diy plans for fluidized filters. My big buy for now was the chiller and I have to keep the belt quite tight to survive. I need something to run with phosphate remover and carbon.

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
Herkie, a really simple way is to buy two of those big freshwater vacuum tube thingies, the ones with the blue top, cut the top of of one and put it onto the other, so you have a pipe entering the bottom and exiting the top, buy some fairly coarse sponge to put in the top and bottom of the tube, a small pump to push water through it and bob's your uncle.

Kanga....make a pic.

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Herkie, a really simple way is to buy two of those big freshwater vacuum tube thingies, the ones with the blue top, cut the top of of one and put it onto the other, so you have a pipe entering the bottom and exiting the top, buy some fairly coarse sponge to put in the top and bottom of the tube, a small pump to push water through it and bob's your uncle.

Kanga....make a pic.
I would. but I have zero Idea what you talking about.:whistling:

Explain And I shall draw

Kanga

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
Vipers Piper

Is this what you had in mind Viper sir? Mhh not bad I like and hell its simple enough

viperpipe.jpg

viper357

Admin
Reaction score
That's the idea, but mine had blue tops :tt2:

These things only cost about R30 each I think so it's a very cheap method of a small DIY reactor for phosphate and carbon.

Just bear in mind you need to be able to open it to change the media, so don't superglue it together ;)