flow though uv

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Advice' started by deanemarine, 13 Mar 2009.

1. deanemarine

deanemarine

I am starting up a new tank aqua-medic anthias 160 and stutting down 2 tanks and i want to put a uv on my new tank , I have 2 x vecton 25w uv's from my old tanks I was thinking of running both uv on my new tank in line but what pump (what power 1000ltph ect )should i use to flow thought the 2 uv's :yeahdude:

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Tony

Tony

The manufacturer should give you specifications for a pump for the steriliser.

A few tips on using a UV steriliser. Only clean water must enter the reaction chamber so placing the unit after a mechanical filter or floss will help with this as you don't want to dirty the bulb or the quartz sleeve. Place the steriliser vertically which improves the flow turbulence which changes the attitude of the organisms flowing through the steriliser increasing their UV exposure. This also eliminates air bubbles out of the reaction chamber. Your Steriliser should operate around the clock as turning the lamp on and off which shorten it's lifespan.

4. Tony

Tony

Don't run the steriliser during the startup of a new system as you don't want to destroy the nitrifying bacteria

Recent Posts