Flow pumps

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by Craps676, 8 Feb 2013.

1. Craps676

Craps676

Hello everyone

I am looking at some flow pumps.

had the Vortechs in mind (MP40W ES') but now I saw the Sicce Voyager Stream V10 Pumps with the controllers are cheaper, with controller and all...

How good are these pumps? They have the feeding time night time etc which is cool but are they good?

Do they last?

Uhm, I've never seen them so would like some info if anyone has?

Thanks

here are some specs:

[​IMG]

The rotor, with anti-wear shaft, guarantees endless silent trouble free operation.

The New Voyager HP or High Performance series builds upon all of the same great features and technology of the models 1 through 4 but takes them to another level.

Thanks to the exclusive magnetic support, the Voyagers can be positioned anywhere: on the sides, behind the tank, and around the aquarium's corners. The support system permits them to reach up to 180 degrees vertically and 360 degrees circulatory has endless orientation possibilities. This unique feature allows the units to be mounted on the rear glass of the aquarium without sacrificing its directional range.

The Voyager's versatility in movement and positioning makes it possible to hide them anywhere while also assuring optimal performance.

The removable front ring insert allows you to regulate the water flow wide or narrow, satisfying even the most particular species needs.

The units have the most durable rotor, ceramic seats, and a ceramic shaft. This, combined with the electronic engineering of the motor, assures that the pump always starts in the correct direction without vibration or noise. The rotor and shaft of the Voyager are wear-resistant beyond compare! Mounting does not rely on suction cups or a combination of suction with magnets because in a salt water tank or in hard water they become stiff with time, compromising their hold, and causing the pump to become unstable.

The Voyager can be used in fresh water and saltwater aquariums. Maximum inclination, flexibility, silence, and reliability.

Specs

Magnet Support included for glass up to 20 mm thickness.
    Built-in cooling system for the motor block
    Silent Operation System makes this unit virtually noise free
    Power : 25W
    Flow 15000 LPH
    Made In Italy
    3 Year Warranty

Manufactured by: SICCE

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. Craps676

Craps676 Thread Starter

Oh and then the added controller:

[​IMG]

The new Electronic Control Wave Surfer is designed to simulate real marine currents. It is easy to program with the perfect balance of features for trouble free operation without complicated computers or power controllers.

When used with aquarium pumps, the Wave Surfer permits the creation of multiple currents from different directions inside the tank. Its controls make it simple to regulate the timing of the pumps connected to it.

Customization is possible by setting switching intervals, FEEDING MODE and NIGHT MODE depending on needs of the ecosystem being created. How long pumps stay turned off during the feeding of the aquarium¹s inhabitants and how much water movement is reduced during night cycles are controlled by these settings.

The Wave Surfer is the perfect compliment to Sicce Voyager and Syncra pumps, but it can be used with any recirculation and stream pump up to 100 watts total for each of the two outlets.

Manufactured by: SICCE

4. zayd

zayd

I have no experience with these, but have heard form several reefers that these units are noisy and quite bulky.

5. Nemeziz_za

Nemeziz_za

Sicce is a good option pump, I haven't owned the ones you are looking at but did have a return pump from them that ran well.

I have however heard other reefers give good reviews and even claim them to be very silent in operation. My gut tells me they are a good option to keep on a short list.

6. verniedlx

verniedlx

have you considered any other brands than the above mentioned? For the price you are paying for the V10 you may aswell also have a look at the TUNZE range. A set of 2 plus controller should roughly be the same price. They are also DC so no voltage risk in your tank. And the controller will ultimately expand to 8 pumps, and most models are significantly smaller than the SICCE's .

Well worth it in my opinion :)

7. Craps676

Craps676 Thread Starter

Hey all

After typing all this I started a new thread for my new build:

http://www.marineaquariumsa.com/showthread.php?p=695395#post695395

I have not looked to far ahead yet to be honest.

I am really open to all options... I like the battery backup option of the vortechs and the way they work...

But the more I look around the more options I see...

I would really like any options, but I need to start looking at total costs as well as I am financing the whole lot... (Also I need to cut costs if at all possible without risking quality... And why would I buy something for more expensive if I can get the same thing cheaper elsewhere?)

Last edited: 8 Feb 2013
  8. Craps676

Craps676 Thread Starter

Oh and for cycle I will even use a couple of Sun Suns as they will relieve the purchase pressure of something I wouldn't necessarily want...

9. LCornelius

LCornelius Moderator

I had the V2's on the controller, they are fantastic pumps and did not experience any issues!

I'm currently running Tunze 6105's and will never use another pump!

10. chops

chops

How much do they cost

11. LCornelius

LCornelius Moderator

Think the are about R3k each. Chat to Tunze SA they are sponsors here on masa for a great deal!

Recent Posts