Flow in my Tank and sediment like worm

Discussion in 'Beginner Discussions' started by Arries, 20 Jun 2011.

1. Arries

Arries

Hey as I'm still kinda new 2 this I wanted 2 know how will I know when the flow in my tank is 2much..I have a TL-450 and got a SUN-SUN power head(3000l/h)..I'm not sure if the flow is 2muchAnd also got a new piece of live rock and I noticed that there are 7 or so small sediment worms on it...Sould I take it out or leave them...I can't take pics coz they are like 3mm or big...they have that feather like stuff and if they are botherd they dissapear into a small tube...Just wanna know if I sould warry about it...2xcuse the spelling as I'm afrikaans...LOL...Thanx guys....

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. jonno

jonno

without pics its hard to say, but i would say they are safe from your description and good for your tank as a filter feeder (should help filter out nutrients from your water to a degree). i have thousands in my tank.

4. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Sounds like feather duster worms. Google it and check if its the same, they are harmless filter feeders.

5. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

+ 1 on that.I've also got lots in my tank. Leave em. They filter feeders and harmless. Have you got corals in ur tank. If so,that's if your water parameters are good,if they open and look healthy they have enough flow. Also when you see your substrate blowing all over the place then you have too much flow.this is probably the first sign of too much flow.

6. Keanan

Keanan 2time

Yip great little creatures, my copper band took out all of mine. Also if they detect any movement, i.e you maybe block the light then they will also close.

7. Charl_Stanhope

Charl_Stanhope

And you get awesome colours. I've just discovered a small pink one. And some that looks like cotton coming out of a tube.

8. Arries

Arries Thread Starter

Ok thanx a lot guys...It sux being a newbie in all of this...but I'm very excited...I don't have corals yet as my tank has only been running 2months now and the parameters only stabilased now...so ya I'm checkn the 4sale forum for frags thas not to expensive...wanna start smal before I buy the big stuff...

9. slless9

slless9

can i ask dumb quesiton around the flow, i got TL550 tank, my powerhead is pointed towards the rock and coral....do i need not do this. i.e. direct the power head above that.....im trying to figure out whether the flow is correct

Recent Posts