Flow in 900 x 900 cube

Discussion in 'Pumps and Waterflow' started by LCornelius, 2 Jun 2011.

1. LCornelius

LCornelius Moderator

Hi all,

I need new pumps for my tank.

So 1 MP40 or 2
    or 1 Tunze 6105 or 2

Thanks!

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. regis

regis

I suppose either will do, but I would go for 2.

4. Ridwaan

Ridwaan

2 X Vortech MP40 will do well...

5. leslie hempel

leslie hempel Moderator MASA Contributor

2 things to consider

scaping
    and would you need directional or widespread flow,

in a cube you are generally limited for space so uless you can conceal the pumps they would look unsightly.

i always recomend 2 pumps of whatever the correct size is because of wanting to alter flow patterns etc etc..

vortech is nice and you would most likley only need one of an MP40 size in this system, alternitivley the 6055 nano streams from Tunze are tiny and easy to hide..

even though the 6105's are able to be reduced to a lower flow they are a little large, but nice to have if you are planning on going bigger in time..

6. Tony

Tony

I have a 1 X 1 metre cube and I have my two on the back of the glass. Like Leslie said you have to see where your aquascaping is going to be. I fiddled for about two months, constantly moving them from the side of the tank to adjacently opposite one another, up and down, turning them to finally the back of the tank. The there is the height of the pump in the tank which also plays a large factor. You can also control the directionality of the vortechs flow to a degree by turning the pump housing. There is a solid strip of plastic on top of the cover and turning this will alow for directionality of the flow like if you want to have the pumps blowing towards the middle of the tank, you turn the pump housing till the solid piece faces the middle and likewise for other directions.

I dont know about the tunze pumps as I have never used them but they are damn good pumps.

Recent Posts