fishtank

Discussion in 'New Members' started by WAYNE HEATHCOTE, 11 Jun 2009.

1. WAYNE HEATHCOTE

WAYNE HEATHCOTE CHOPPY

[​IMG]having a hard time getting photos posted but learning quick . the tank is approx 450l and as far as i can see has a under gravel filter and 2 aqua ho2 external filters that i have just changed to biological only i recently bought a protein skimmer (dont know if its a good make?) the temperature is 24-25deg i only have a amonnia and nitrite test kit and a hydometer which is at a steady 00,24 i was told that because we have a skimmer ,water changes are not necesary(before the skimmer i was doing a 30% water change every 2 weeks) i have flouresant 30w tube 1 is a dayglow? 1 is a blue moon and the other is pink??? the combination is to get my rock to start growing coraline algae but i only have rapid hair algae growth. the bulbs replaced a metal halide which broke i keep the lights on from 9am to 10-11pm i dont know what type of rock this is but it used to be as alive as a brick but i have noticed alot of little white featherduster type growing on them and i do have a few small bristle worms well guys please give me advice on how to get this fow(L)r looking as good as possible with a very small budget thanks alot

2. AdS Guest

to hide all adverts.
  3. WAYNE HEATHCOTE

WAYNE HEATHCOTE Thread Starter CHOPPY

[​IMG]

4. viper357

viper357 Admin MASA Contributor

Hi Wayne

Totally untrue Wayne, you still need to religiously do water changes, by doing water changes you are diluting all the pollutants in the water and you are also replacing elements that have been used up in the old water, so please continue with your water changes.
    Probably because you've stopped doing water changes.

Unfortunately that skimmer that you have bought is not very good at all and will need to be replaced with a decent skimmer.

Does this tank have a sump? How many litres is the tank?

5. FransSny

FransSny

Just a thought on your lighting Wayne, those "pink" lights in my opinion should not be used except in a FW tank with lots of plants.

They will contribute to GHA growth, rather invest in decent T5's the price difference is not that massive

Also as Viper said, not the "best" skimmer out there....but at least its something:p

6. wringo

wringo

What is the age of your tank?

7. Tobes

Tobes Retired Moderator

Geez Wayne, you post everywhere - there are about 3 or 4 threads of you tank already :whistling:

1 - novice tank - New Members

2 - fishtank - New Members

3 - fishtank - New Members

and that is without the ones you started with pics of your fish :p

You can post all the pics, questions etc about your setup in one thread. You don't need to start a new thread everytime you post a pic of your tank or fish. You're confusing me :lol:

8. riyadhessa

riyadhessa

Tobes...:lol::lol::lol:

Recent Posts